Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi, recently I have been facing issue with my battery such as
>low battery backup,
>automatically shutting down without prompting an alert
>and finally during the boot time it shows a message to replace the battery.

So I called my HP retailer and they that the battery must be replaced.

>The thing is original HP battery costs around 4500 INR( Indian currency) which is approx 75 $.
>So I cannot afford that much amount, so when I searched online I came to know that there are compatible batteries available in the market,

>so my question is

>> CAN I REPLACE WITH SOME OTHER SPARE RATHER THAN HP GENUINE ONE? << CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Sometimes you can use replacement compatible batteries from other manufactures, just make sure that you compare the model numbers and buy from a manufacture that will provide exchanges and/or refunds for batteries that are not compatible. Also make sure that you buy from a trusted manufacture that will honor warranties. There are a lot of scam sites that will rip you off, so be careful. It might be best to go to your local computer store and order the battery from there or go to the store from where you bought your laptop.

Good Luck. :D

Reactions: Jack
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.