Advice Request BD firewall persistence in spite of disabling

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
I've got a problem with the newly installed BitDefender in my Windows11 pc,as it will not accept having its firewall sidelined in favour of the already existing Malwarebytes WindowsFirewallControl: I can disable it,it will remain hidden for some variable time,then a surging of a pop up notice asking me about some exe reveals that all was in vain.....
This OS runs Vodooshield,WFC and BitDefender ,hopefully without the firewall and minor things.
I tried all I could to check if windows Defender had left some conflicting rules still working,but no, there's nothing.
Perhaps BD 'underestimates' WFC existence as it is not a fully fledged firewall,but only a program based on windows Firewall...
If no one can offer a solution I think by the end of the day BD will go,no way with two firewalls and a program which wont obey and possibly overestimated.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
If you don't want Bitdefender's Firewall then you should use Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, which doesn't have a Firewall.

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Thanks for replying, but had I known BD was a monolite in spite of the existence of buttons provided by the firm itself to let customers choose what to install/use and what not, I would not have installed it.
I've used many antivirus in the past,never came across one which you have to install and shut up.
Certainly not the best ones like Kaspersky,avast etc.
Bitdefender firewall is ridiculous,not granular,too simple and no use to me if it does not comply. Sorry for the fans.
So I need -if one does exist- somebody who could please advise what to do to fix the matter or tell me its an unfixable bug.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
And if you report that to bitdefender support? Even if they won't do nothing, is better to them to receive feedback and in near future add more settings.
Feedback is important and when they have the mailbox full with complaints about that, that might change in near future ;)

One thing that all companies does is collecting feedback, if there are many feedback against something pretty sure they will change or improve that.
That's my way of seeing it. :)

BD is very good and competent, but you should contact support or opening a thread in their official forum.

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Thanks to

Divine_Barakah,​

Chipicao

for their very kind and logic approach. Unfortunately,after all these mishaps,including spending an hour trying to get in touch with the 'stop automatic renewal', which was followed by a super discount to the already existing discount if I had accepted (are we in a suburb market?), I have deleted both my software and my account with BD.
I would have gladly kept BD IS if the firewall button which says ON-OFF had kept its promise ...another pearl....why going to the length of programming something which cannot work?

Moreover, there's no chance to talk or chat with support,they seem to believe all possible questions can be answered in FAQs.
It does no matter, there are more rational minded progs around.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Moreover, there's no chance to talk or chat with support,they seem to believe all possible questions can be answered in FAQs.
It does no matter, there are more rational minded progs around.
It is possible to live chat with them. I just did it for testing. You can even use a fake name and fake email address to start chatting. Here's the link. It comes on top on a google search so very easy to find. But I guess the word Premium Services Chat could confuse some people ( I was).

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Bitdefender is very sensitive to other security programs. You don't need to install another security program if you use Bitdefender, Kaspersky, even Norton. You will not be more protected, on the contrary, it can cause conflict. Bitdefender tends to reactivate its services when you restart automatically, (because the av may believe that it is a malware that deactivates it), remember that Bitdefender is an av that works completely by AI. I would uninstall the other software you have installed or use BD plus as recommended.
Greetings.
ps: if you are going to use Bitdefender do not use other security software.
even the ram in Bitdefender goes up when it detects that there is other software installed.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Think twice before changing of BitDefender, they are the few companies who helps to detect fraud and prevent customers to be attacked or get trapped in fraud, phishing.

1674401967430.png

I report recently scams, frauds and phishing. Bitdefender was been very good dealing and helping with that.
Think twice before saying anything of Bitdefender, yes they might have some issues but the quality and the care of customer deserves a vouch!

This is only my opinion :)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Think twice before changing of BitDefender, they are the few companies who helps to detect fraud and prevent customers to be attacked or get trapped in fraud, phishing.

View attachment 272338

I report recently scams, frauds and phishing. Bitdefender was been very good dealing and helping with that.
Think twice before saying anything of Bitdefender, yes they might have some issues but the quality and the care of customer deserves a vouch!

This is only my opinion :)
I would also like to add it one more time (mentioned in another thread last month probably) that Kaspersky don't block scam/fraud shopping sites. They don't take action even when they know a fake shopping site is scamming users. They give you a lame/illogical excuse for not adding them to blacklist. I have nothing against Kaspersky except this but it's a big deal for me.
This is not an issue with Bitdefender, ESET, Avast and Norton.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
I would also like to add it one more time (mentioned in another thread last month probably) that Kaspersky don't block scam/fraud shopping sites. They don't take action even when they know a fake shopping site is scamming users. They give you a lame/illogical excuse for not adding them to blacklist. I have nothing against Kaspersky except this but it's a big deal for me.
This is not an issue with Bitdefender, ESET, Avast and Norton.
I can confirm that.

I send not one, not two, but more than 3 times different files and to be honest is not only kaspersky but a few antivirus like GData, Norton, Kaspersky refused to do so.
Even if is fraud is explicit. Common Fraud can be considered Phishing.

Only BitDefender told me that will add them to their database the others refused or told that isn't malicious (and yes I described everything and provided full details)

Vouch for Bitdefender! ;)

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
I had to say goodby to BD NOT because i thought they were a bad av,I bought it because I thought they are among the best in detection, BUT because I want to use another firewall and they wont let me.
@Jengo , of course,BD firewall might be the most powerfull in the world,but if you cannot make a single rule of your own and accept all simply its not for me.

Last edited:

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
I had to say goodby to BD NOT because i thought they were a bad av,I bought it because I thought they are among the best in detection, BUT because I want to use another firewall and they wont let me.
@Jengo , of course,BD firewall might be the most powerfull in the world,but if you cannot make a single rule of your own and accept all simply its not for me.
If you switch to Norton, their firewall can be completely modified with rules you want to use.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.