New Update Bitdefender - BDTS updates

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I hope they add the ability to log the hash of detected threats. It is something I asked them to add and they said that it's a good idea and will pass this request to the dev team. No idea if they will consider adding this. Bitdefender mostly uses generic signature so it's hard to know what type of threats has been detected.
They also need to fix some annoyances like their Work profile and its notification. It notifies me every time I open Notepad++ and MS Office. Also, a pain for the Thunderbird users as it switches to work profile as long as Thunderbird runs which is usually always and there's no way to exclude apps from the list.
With that said, anyone who doesn't play games doesn't need the profiles at all.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
September 20

🔄 An update has been released for Bitdefender Home solutions - version 26.0.27.90 with the following notable changes:
  • ✔️Fixed: Install window "disappears" when choosing continue after cancel install. The installation window was no longer visible, but the install processes were running in the background. The behavior also occured when clicking 'Close' while the installation was in progress, while it is expect and intended for the installation window to be closed then, in fact the correct behaviour is for the window to change to a message indicating the install was stopped by the user.
  • ✔️Fixed: High CPU usage fixed permanently by releasing ctc2 version 2.3.0.355.
  • ✔️Fixed: Access was denied when trying to restore a file on Windows 7 and 8. Steps to reproduce: 1. added a sample to quarantine; 2. try to restore it. The expected results are that restore should work if the user has access to destination. The actual results showed that no permissions alert window was displayed and the restore failed.
  • ✔️Fixed: Password Manager notifications frequency. Added enhanced error checking to ensure that no more notifications are shown in a successive manner.
  • ✔️Fixed: Expiration pop-up appeared regardless of the 'Free' value. Issue reported on Antivirus Free for Windows
  • ✔️General fixes and improvements

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
🔄 An update has been released for Bitdefender Home solutions - version 26.0.28.94 with minor improvements for Traffic Light.
Does it work now again on Google? I mean the safe/unsafe mark besides google search links. It was supposed to get fixed late September/early October, so I'm curious if it's related to that.

Reactions: Shadowra

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
🔄 An update has been released for Bitdefender Home solutions - version 26.0.32.109 with the following notable changes:

• ✔️Fixed: Strings such as “2 Wi-Fi network found, 1 connection secured“ are displayed as “2 Wi-Fi network found,1 connection secured“ (missing space between comma and 1)
  • ✔️Updated Safepay browser with the version that includes the fix for CVE-2022-3723 Chrome vulnerability
  • ✔️Adjustments for the Wallet icons and screens in the export to Password Manager flow
  • ✔️[Antivirus Free for Windows] New design for the upgrade window
  • ✔️General bug fixes and improvements

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
🔄 An update has been released for Bitdefender Home solutions - version 27.0.1.13.
  • This update includes backend changes that will allow further developments and improve support for the product.
I just love these updates where we can clearly see what is changed thanks to the detailed descriptions given by the software authors :alien:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
🔄 An update has been released for Bitdefender Home solutions - version 27.0.1.13.
  • This update includes backend changes that will allow further developments and improve support for the product.
The changelog reminds of Windows Insider edition's servicing pipeline updates, which themselves doesn't contain anything new but are pushed before new features are provided via an upcoming update. So this one is something like that.
I see that the version number has been bumped to 27 from 26. I wonder what new things they are cooking for us. Maybe we'll get something in January. Or this could also be just related to some important improvements to their engine.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
In another topic there is another update, not sure when version 27 will be released, but first another build 26.0.32.116 to the public.

Edit: Version 27.0.1.13 is the next major update, but it has been postponed and it's scheduled to arrive in 2023

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
full of bugs. the engine version and threat database info is not showing in about section. the vulnerability scan settings are full of bugs and when you disable a setting the program does not respect that and still does it like normal. with so many other reported bugs that is had and the support confirmed that they are exist for now I'm done with Bitdefender. Back to Kaspersky.
View attachment 259585
The good thing is they acknowledged the issue rather than dismissing it. Everything is working as intended on my end

BD Antivirus Plus is working great on my laptop. No issues so far.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Reactions: Pat MacKnife
G

Guilhermesene

BD Antivirus Plus is working great on my laptop. No issues so far.
I'm also using BTS on a Windows machine and it's working perfect here 🙂

uAQ1LOMQ05.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.