New Update Bitdefender - BDTS updates

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
🔄 An update has been released for Bitdefender Home solutions - version 26.0.34.162 with the following notable changes:

• ✔️Adjustments for Wallet EOL
  • ✔️Firewall alerts improvements
  • ✔️Improved Alert Mode pop-up notification to not abbreviate app path

EascapenMatrix

Level 1
Apr 25, 2022
I noticed two few features on Bitdefender App for Android.
1. App Abnormality Detection
2. Scan Download Files

According to the App Abnormality Detection seem to be some type of heuristics/behaviour detection. But I don't know what it is.

Screenshot_2023-04-13-21-11-05-636_com.bitdefender.security.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Bitdefender no longer annoys you with its Automatic profile notification and the devs finally added a throttling mechanism for web protection notifications (no longer 150+ notifications just because it blocked a domain full of imagens for example, yay !).

All and all it is a winner, Bitdefender finally solved all the quirks that annoyed me for sometime, so for now I can recommend it for everyone, it finally just works.

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Maybe before "unconditionally" recommending it, I may wait until the Wallet into Password Manager issue, the transition is resolved. Or, at least wait and see what the upcoming PM improvements may bring, especially as far as how many users per license.

edit: to those who would be new users, the Wallet issue, may not be an issue, until we know what is going to replace it in Safepay?

Last edited:

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Bitdefender no longer annoys you with its Automatic profile notification and the devs finally added a throttling mechanism for web protection notifications (no longer 150+ notifications just because it blocked a domain full of imagens for example, yay !).

All and all it is a winner, Bitdefender finally solved all the quirks that annoyed me for sometime, so for now I can recommend it for everyone, it finally just works.
I had the same complaints. May be worth a try again.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

Good to hear.

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016

Is Bitdefender ram usage still high?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

But it still has quite a few bugs.
If automatic profile is turned on, it auto switches the focus away from the foreground app when a particular profile is turned on, changing the settings of the game profile doesn't save, it auto switches to work profile for apps like Notepad++, All office apps, email apps like Outlook and Thunderbird. There is no way to remove these apps from the work profile. Also by default, work profile turns off Bitdefender update as well as system update checkup. So it's absolutely terrible if someone uses one of these apps 24x7. These are not an issue if Automatic profile switch is off. I asked them to completely redesign their profile system, they said they acknowledge this request and may do something about it. Don't know if they will.

Apart from these, there are some malware removal issues that I reported to them twice and the last time they said that the devs are aware of it and will fix it in the next product update.

There are one more serious issue. I noticed that when I watch football matches on some of the free streaming sites, Bitdefender's ram usage keeps increasing little by little every couple of seconds. I'm not using Bitdefender right now and don't feel like installing it to record a log and report back to them.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
If automatic profile is turned on, it auto switches the focus away from the foreground app when a particular profile is turned on, changing the settings of the game profile doesn't save, it auto switches to work profile for apps like Notepad++, All office apps, email apps like Outlook and Thunderbird. There is no way to remove these apps from the work profile. Also by default, work profile turns off Bitdefender update as well as system update checkup. So it's absolutely terrible if someone uses one of these apps 24x7. These are not an issue if Automatic profile switch is off. I asked them to completely redesign their profile system, they said they acknowledge this request and may do something about it. Don't know if they will.

Apart from these, there are some malware removal issues that I reported to them twice and the last time they said that the devs are aware of it and will fix it in the next product update.

There are one more serious issue. I noticed that when I watch football matches on some of the free streaming sites, Bitdefender's ram usage keeps increasing little by little every couple of seconds. I'm not using Bitdefender right now and don't feel like installing it to record a log and report back to them.
This reminded me that every time I’ve used Bitdefender I end up just turning off automatic profiles. I also forgot it does some funny business with power plans on its own.

Also the Epic Games launcher caused the game profile to run constantly.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
This reminded me that every time I’ve used Bitdefender I end up just turning off automatic profiles. I also forgot it does some funny business with power plans on its own.
Yeah, it still does, and you can not change the settings to make it not do it. It's a long known bug reported by many users, but they haven't managed to fix it yet.
Also the Epic Games launcher caused the game profile to run constantly.
Ow, I was not aware of this.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Ow, I was not aware of this.
It may be fixed by now, it's been more than a year since I tried it. But, I reported it and they said they couldn't replicate it. Certain launchers seemed to trigger game mode and the only way to turn game mode off was close those launchers. But, I prefer my games to auto update since I have little free time to wait for a download.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
This may be a bug with Epic client though. It usually turns on my notebook's GeforceRTX chip even while I'm on Windows, for instance. Bitdefender may be seeing that as a game running.

View attachment 274684
Interesting. I was on a 3070 at the time. I now have an AMD card (currently RMA'd). Maybe worth seeing what it does with that when I get it back. What application are you using to see that GPU activity?

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience, I didnt know that it was so bugged, at least it isnt so "annoying" anymore, I will keep watching for those quirks, but for now so far so good in my machine.

Ps: I will keep Automatic profile off, too much of hassle even now.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience, I didnt know that it was so bugged, at least it isnt so "annoying" anymore, I will keep watching for those quirks, but for now so far so good in my machine.

Ps: I will keep Automatic profile off, too much of hassle even now.
For what it’s worth I tested auto profiles on and off extensively for gaming and found zero performance difference other than the potential it pulls an update while you’re playing.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
For what it’s worth I tested auto profiles on and off extensively for gaming and found zero performance difference other than the potential it pulls an update while you’re playing.
The profiles perform very light optimisations like switching alerts off, postponing Windows updates and modifying the sleep/screen shutdown & brightness settings. They are more meant to eliminate annoyances than to boost anything.

Nothing that can’t be achieved manually.

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.