New Update Bitdefender - BDTS updates

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Yeah, It is pretty good nowadays and it is a nice option for those who like an install and forget solution.

I have complained in the past about Bitdefender quirks, mainly about Auto Pilot notifications, but it seems to be finally fixed.

Yeah this is great to hear. I am not running it a the moment but I am always a restore back to clean image to check something out. Cheers!

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Bitdefender is not buggy, just not adapted to some PCs...

Yesterday I had slowdowns when I was playing Overwatch and Fortnite, just activate the automatic profiles and Bitdefender will adapt.
The problem 'is' why another Pc's work with another softwares well?
& also when you fell in problem with it, their support center just reply its customers (plz reinstall your software:D )

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Dont bother explaining, he is a certified "Bugdefender" poster; I lost the count of how many times I have seen him trolling and inappropriately making jokes about Bitdefender.
No , it caused by its software , why I never trolling with Eset or Norton or any blah blah softwares?
btw yup, they make jokeware & people laugh them :D

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The problem 'is' why another Pc's work with another softwares well?
& also when you fell in problem with it, their support center just reply its customers (plz reinstall your software:D )

I've never written to the medium.
After the problems of av is valid with all av (at a friend F-Secure has created several Bluescreen, at my brother Gdata slows down the pc etc etc)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I've never written to the medium.
After the problems of av is valid with all av (at a friend F-Secure has created several Bluescreen, at my brother Gdata slows down the pc etc etc)
You may understand main problem of it , when you updated it your HDD usage go over 90% & your firefox browser freezed (I have this problem in year 2014until....2016)
you may see it work well for the first month & problem will start from second month (idk why?!)
a brief problem is:
-After 6 months, their softwares go disable without any logical reason :|
my system is not weak & do't have any virus all software work fine :)
-it seems their softwares hate blustack & you can't install beside it (dose this problem still exist?)
-very poor customer support (you may send them your problem & they just said reinstall your software!)
after long years their software still heavy(500MB) & ram huge, why?!

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
You may understand main problem of it , when you updated it your HDD usage go over 90% & your firefox browser freezed (I have this problem in year 2014until....2016)
you may see it work well for the first month & problem will start from second month (idk why?!)
a brief problem is:
-After 6 months, their softwares go disable without any logical reason :|
my system is not weak & do't have any virus all software work fine :)
-it seems their softwares hate blustack & you can't install beside it (dose this problem still exist?),
-very poor customer support (you may send them your problem & they just said reinstall your software!)
after long years their software still heavy(500MB) & ram huge, why?!
I was like this. bragging and complaining.....But 2016 ? Did you come back from the future ? Marty mcFly is this you ?
Customer support provided me with 5 free licenses, so they are not that bad.

Reactions: Nevi and Trooper

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I was like this. bragging and complaining.....But 2016 ? Did you come back from the future ? Marty mcFly is this you ?
Customer support provided me with 5 free licenses, so they are not that bad.
Wow 5 free licenses !
:D
Cheers

Reactions: Nevi and Trooper

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
the only complaint i have about bitdefender is that it consumes around 540 mb max of ram which is a bit high, sometimes it goes down to 400 and even 270 or less. I would like them to lower the ram consumption. And the other problem I've seen is that there are people who bug the file scanner or when disinfecting it gets stuck at 100% of the hard drive on some occasions, I've seen it in some tests. I feel that Bitdefender doesn't get along with other products and when it detects some incompatible software in the system it starts to work spending excessive resources. Greetings.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
the only complaint i have about bitdefender is that it consumes around 540 mb max of ram which is a bit high, sometimes it goes down to 400 and even 270 or less. I would like them to lower the ram consumption. And the other problem I've seen is that there are people who bug the file scanner or when disinfecting it gets stuck at 100% of the hard drive on some occasions, I've seen it in some tests. I feel that Bitdefender doesn't get along with other products and when it detects some incompatible software in the system it starts to work spending excessive resources. Greetings.

I'm at 800Mb constant... it doesn't bother me, except when I'm editing on Filmora, or when I'm watching a live stream on Twitch, it freezes a lot.... :(

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
I'm at 800Mb constant... it doesn't bother me, except when I'm editing on Filmora, or when I'm watching a live stream on Twitch, it freezes a lot.... :(
im have twitch open ... :/

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 119

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
31% (32Go of RAM)
That's why BD is relaxing on your free ram 🧘‍♂️ Don't bother checking the ram usage. Just make sure gaming profile is on while you're gaming. On my system, BD's ram usage comes down to 100+MB while I'm gaming and lower than 100 like 80 MB when I launch a VM. So it knows when to free ram for other processes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.