SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hello everyone

I just want to inform you guys to be careful buying JBL speakers online because there are a lot of fake JBL speakers flush in the market that it is very difficult to tell if you have the fake one or real one until you place order and receive the item in person. So if you want to avoid all these hassles, please buy it directly from JBL site or BestBuy or your local tech stores.

I purchased JBL charge 3 brand new on Amazon a day ago, and I believed I might got a fake one so I file for return for refund then purchase directly JBL site.

Example: https ://www.jbl.com/buy-authentic.html

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

Hello everyone

I just want to inform you guys to be careful buying JBL speakers online because there are a lot of fake JBL speakers flush in the market that it is very difficult to tell if you have the fake one or real one until you place order and receive the item in person. So if you want to avoid all these hassles, please buy it directly from JBL site or BestBuy or your local tech stores.

I purchased JBL charge 3 brand new on Amazon a day ago, and I believed I might got a fake one so I file for return for refund then purchase directly JBL site.

Example: https ://www.jbl.com/buy-authentic.html

Amazon is full of counterfeit SE Asia made electronics
eBay is much worse

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1583202878715.png
1583202964084.png

1583203330493.png

Hello STW,

Yeah, that's terrible.

I hate the people that make and sell fake (or fack) stuff.

===================

Hopefully everything else is going well for you.

I still watch Crunchyroll -- thanks to you.

1583203582924.png

Maybe I'll get some JBL speakers to make it a better experience.

I'll just go with the fack ones.... I probably don't need authentic JBL quality for Crunchyroll. :)

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
View attachment 234221View attachment 234222

View attachment 234223

Hello STW,

Yeah, that's terrible.

I hate the people that make and sell fake (or fack) stuff.

===================

Hopefully everything else is going well for you.

I still watch Crunchyroll -- thanks to you.

View attachment 234224

Maybe I'll get some JBL speakers to make it a better experience.

I'll just go with the fack ones.... I probably don't need authentic JBL quality for Crunchyroll. :)

These people copy literary everything mang. Soon, they maybe able to replica a desktop motherboard like for real. I am glad I discovered this a day ago because JBL don't warranty fake JBL product so it is like a $100 paperweight speaker if it is fake and die on me. $100 is a lot for me mang.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Amazon is full of counterfeit SE Asia made electronics
eBay is much worse

True for some stuff but not all stuff though like computer peripherals or computer parts. Something like fake JBL Charge 3 bluetooth speaker is hard to tell if it is fake unless you have the real one side by side or you listen to the sound quality because fake one cannot produce good sound quality as the real one.

F

ForgottenSeer 85911

True for some stuff but not all stuff though like computer peripherals or computer parts. Something like fake JBL Charge 3 bluetooth speaker is hard to tell if it is fake unless you have the real one side by side or you listen to the sound quality because fake one cannot produce good sound quality as the real one.

SE Asia has a culture of copy
they do not recognize that it is stealing
much of it is just blatant thievery to make money
they refuse to respect western notions of intellectual property law because they get away with ripping-off consumers
as long as it benefits them they will do it

Lorthemar

Level 1
Mar 18, 2020
SE Asia has a culture of copy
they do not recognize that it is stealing
much of it is just blatant thievery to make money
they refuse to respect western notions of intellectual property law because they get away with ripping-off consumers
as long as it benefits them they will do it
Actually, as it's the SE Asian countries that produce the goods, they usually have the surplus goods which they can tweak or reverse engineer. It's a popular line of business in many countries. Stealing is everywhere. Considering that the same countries that create the rip-off goods are also producing the original good for extremely cheap, it seems normal. Not that I'm defending any of the fake goods online. But it's important to understand why it happens and it's not about culture.

B

BVLon

Also, the best way to avoid fake goods is to shop 2nd hand items. You save money, contribute less waste, and can see the item yourself. That's what I do at least. Got my home audio system for almost half the price and it was barely used.
Isn't the best way to avoid fake goods going to the brand's official retail store or website? How will you avoid fake goods when shopping second-hand items?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Used dealers are certainly the best purification points. If you want to avoid counterfeit goods, you should consider excluding second-hand stores and mail order. Not all. This means that it is more likely that counterfeits are distributed. There is no problem if you have the ability to distinguish.

Lorthemar

Level 1
Mar 18, 2020
Isn't the best way to avoid fake goods going to the brand's official retail store or website? How will you avoid fake goods when shopping second-hand items?

True true, I forgot to mentioned that second-hand shopping is ideal for getting the original item for 'cheap' :) Otherwise, of course the official store or website is the best option. My screen-time has increased immensely since I've been locked up home, I was a little hazy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.