Advanced Security beam2546's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
May 3, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
F-Secure SAFE
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Security:
Hard_Configurator (Windows_10_Basic_Recommended_Settings.hdc)
Firewall Hardening (Recommended H_C)

Privacy:
O&O ShutUp10 (All recommended setting)
WPD (Disable all)
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes
EEK
KVRT
Sophos Scan & Clean
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
LibreWolf:
uBlock Origin (Medium mode)
Smart Referer (Strict + Disabled default whitelist)
Enable letterboxing + Enable Google Safe Browsing
DuckDuckGo + Enable search suggestion
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
-
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Storage Sense (Every month)
File and photo backups
Google Drive EDU
System recovery
-
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Browsing the dark web
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Notable changes
26/04/2022: Added VoodooShield Free and 3 periodic scanners (EEK, KVRT, Sophos Scan & Clean). Also enabled router firewall and move to Bitdefender Total Security.
03/05/2022: Move to DefenderUI Pro and remove VoodooShield.
13/05/2022: Move to F-Secure SAFE
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

beam2546

Level 1
Hi ;),

I recently moved back from Linux to Windows after using it for 5 months.
During Linux, I switching distro back and forth until last 3 months where I moved to EndeavourOS and never move to another distro again until I decide to completely move back to Windows.

I appreciate any feedback(y)
 
Personal Files & Photos backup -> here You may set some clouds services (Mega, OneDrive, Google Dive,...), or even manually backup to external device.

Device recovery & backup -> a full image system backup solution such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI BackUppper, both are free and reliable. You may also use integrated full backup image in W11.

Network firewall -> Does Your router the firewall feature enabled?

Periodic security scanner -> You may add here KVRT, EEK

Thanks for sharing :)
 
@beam2546 You may would like trying a full system backup software like Macrium Reflect, even as free version it never failed for me since years it works reliable every time again.
 
Added VoodooShield Free and 3 periodic scanners (EEK, KVRT, Sophos Scan & Clean). Also enabled router firewall.

Router firewall is kinda mess though. There's no documentation at all and there are only 3 option to choose for firewall: Low, Medium and High. ISP also recommended to set it only at low. I will set it as medium first and if some problem happen I will switch to low or disable it completely.

Will do backup for both personal file and device next month where I will have university break. This is fresh install Windows 11 anyway so I don't have any important information to backup yet. I also might need to clear up my old file first because it's pretty messy during moving back to Windows :LOL:

Anyway, thanks for feedback:)
 
Move to F-Secure SAFE. Microsoft Defender impact I/O performance heavily and as Software Engineer student it make coding more headache. I got free 3 months F-Secure key from here and so far it's pretty good experience and it's very lightweight. Have some issue with DeepGuard blocking completely legitimate program without warning though (ESET Online Scanner).
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top