Advice Request Behavior shield: problem with Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Hello

I am testing AVG Internet security. After installing the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, Firefox had a problem. I could start it but everything else was broken. No messages from AVG. When I add Firefox to the exclusions (Behavior shield only), poof Mozilla starts again. Anyone else with the same behavior?

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I found the issue. AVG has problems with Thor browser. If you first start Thor browsers, which starts in the background a Firefox process, closing it because it is not working. If you starts Mozilla Firefox, the browsers starts but nothing is working. After computer restart, test the other way: start Mozilla Firefox first: no issue with AVG. Seems that AVG is not liking Thor browser.
An other issue I have with AVG is that some HTTPS sites have problems with the HTTPS scanning function. A work-around is to add the sites to the exclusion list. Also recommended to add sites that are used for payment or bank sites.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.