Battle Best Ad-Blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
I am currently logged into 8 different computers. Some using Adgaurd for Chrome and some running uBlock for Chrome. Hard to tell any difference. But Adguard does have good malware blocking. Ram usage is a lot lower with uBlock. uBlock is set and ready to go once installed. Adguard requires a lot of user interaction to first setup.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hmmm how about not visiting sites that have annoying Adware pop-ups.
I do not run a Ad-blocker, because the only ads i see are those on "legit" pages, for example CNN.com, Google.com or Company websites.
They do not have annoying ads other then the odd normal ad.
Besides that Adblocker software usually does more harm then good, because most adware does have a protection against it and STILL showing the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.