• Total voters

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Just have a bunch of two or three to have a couple of extra opinions and you should be set. I have Zemana AntiMalware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and ESET Online Scanner. All portable, not one installed.

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Just have a bunch of two or three to have a couple of extra opinions and you should be set. I have Zemana AntiMalware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and ESET Online Scanner. All portable, not one installed.
Hello. I'm using Malwarebytes+Hitman+Eset. But I will try EEK and Zemana and If I like Zemana I will buy Anti-Malware Ultimate or Antilogger. Have a nice day!

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hello. What is best Anti-Malware app/program for you? In my PC, I'm using Malwarebytes to help my TS. I will try Emsisoft and Zemana too. What is your favourite? Have a nice day!
You said you use MB to complement your current AV suite, in short finding a complementary AM.
Do not run Emsisoft AM besides your security suite (if you intend to) as it does not provide that compatibility anymore, for the good. It's specially not compatible with the likes of Kaspersky, Avast etc. On forums, I've noticed corruptions on quite some systems in this regards (even when EAM was installed in passive mode) and have experienced myself too.

For real-time protection (discarding Comodo, Sophos), I'd prefer EAM as a standalone suite and Zemana as a complementary AM with most AVs.
For 2nd opinion, I'd prefer Zemana, MB, HMP and EEK. MB does detect minute stuff and invisible changes that others miss, though overall detection has not been as good as Zemana.
Dr.Web CureIt is powerful. However, the amount of FPs negate the overall results for me. NPE & McAfee GetSusp are testers' favorite tools too, use for troubleshooting with caution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.