Setup PCPC setup
- Content source
- https://youtu.be/a5O4MiCAveU
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Indeed. I guess Leo was bored or couldn't come up with a good idea for this episode of TPSC, but at least he's honest about not liking MS Defender.It feels more like marketing material for Kaspersky and BitDefender than being an actual informative video.
really..., it's easy imo fwiw...I will never understand how people can use Defender. Yes, as far as the protection goes, it is OK, but it is bad overall. But I guess it is like vegans vs meat eaters, you just love your stuff on principle.
I did not like this video at all and found it misleading bcoz:
1. At 1:23 he says this is not a known malware but clearly it has a proper signature for Kaspersky. Even Bitdefender probably had one but he did not open bitdefender and checked but both were blocked based on static analysis. Static Analysis is not the only way defender can block threats. Obviously it is possible that defender gets bypassed here (albeit he did not show), this one case does not prove that defender is inferior. I can give countless examples to him or anyone else of samples that defender detects statically but kas or bd do not and few of them can even bypass the two giants.
"Bloat, inefficient, resource hog, mediocre" Wow you really dislike it don't you? Can you provide evidence supporting your criticism? I have a powerful laptop (2 years old) and with or without Windows Defender its speed is unaffected. Inefficient? How can you measure that? Mediocre at best? what results will support your statements? I used Karsperky with Windows 10 on still another powerful laptop (license was a prize)in 2016, and speed then was unaffected compared to MS Defender. Detection? I've had no detections for more than 15 years, but AV Comparatives has shown excellent resuts for MS Defender and Kaspersky.windows defender is bloat, even without extra software ‘bloat’, it’s inefficient, a resource hog at least compared to kaspersky- not saying it’s a horrible product but it’s just mediocre at best imo
"Bloat, inefficient, resource hog, mediocre" Wow you really dislike it don't you? Can you provide evidence supporting your criticism? I have a powerful laptop (2 years old) and with or without Windows Defender its speed is unaffected. Inefficient? How can you measure that? Mediocre at best? what results will support your statements? I used Karsperky with Windows 10 on still another powerful laptop (license was a prize)in 2016, and speed then was unaffected compared to MS Defender. Detection? I've had no detections for more than 15 years, but AV Comparatives has shown excellent resuts for MS Defender and Kaspersky.
Mainly performance. Lots of people still using HDD systems. Microsoft Defender can be hard on available resources.I don't understand why others don't like using MS Defender
AV-Comparatives is not the best indicator. In reality, against new malware, Microsoft Defender performs in the 40% to 60% detection rate. When it comes to any type of advanced tests - such as protections against active banking trojans or info stealers - Microsoft Defender always performs very poorly. One fatal flaw with Defender is that if it does not detect an infection by signature, the malware can do a lot of damage on the system.I've had no detections for more than 15 years, but AV Comparatives has shown excellent results for MS Defender and Kaspersky.
I suppose that people do not understand Leo because they are not malware analysts like Leo. He creates videos from his own perspective. He is very skilled and he does know what he is talking about.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes