Votes: 11 8.8%
  • ESET

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

The Antiransomware module is a bit odd. Most typical users will look at the alerts and logging and scratch their head. G DATA is a techie security soft.
Some of the Locky variants with (.lukitus) extension also leave me scratching my head, because AntiRansomware module detects most variants, stating that ".. following proccess were therefore interrupted by G DATA.." however it wasn't (or it was too late after clicking "Block", because encryption proccess weren't "frozen" when dialog box came up, and still kept going in background). Anyway, log files were collected and sent so I hope they come up with some improvements in next updates. :)
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
I can name a few G Data, Emsisoft, Kaspersky and AVG, but id recommend Emsisoft since it offers the most specific settings and is an internal part of their program

Reactions: Fritz
P

plat1098

And here in lies the problem in even asking this kind of questions. Multiple opens of different folks which leaves the equestion still unanswered. The answer is you have to evaluate and make your own decision.

This is the fundamental truth--one might be influenced by loyalty, subscription cost or customer service, variables that have nothing to do with a specific feature. It's not possible to be strictly objective when it comes to behavior blockers because of user interaction in real time, plus infinite machine/software combinations, etc.

Which leaves these AVs heavily dependent on marketing and word of mouth, both crucial for survival. And polls like this. :)

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Some of the Locky variants with (.lukitus) extension also leave me scratching my head, because AntiRansomware module detects most variants, stating that ".. following proccess were therefore interrupted by G DATA.." however it wasn't (or it was too late after clicking "Block", because encryption proccess weren't "frozen" when dialog box came up, and still kept going in background). Anyway, log files were collected and sent so I hope they come up with some improvements in next updates. :)
View attachment 165499
View attachment 165500
In the same log, GDATA stated that processes were stopped and malware was deleted. Suspicious activity that triggered the detection was the rename of picture filles. Aka the behaviour blocker triggered the anti ransomware module when it was too late. It probably stopped the encryption at some time, too late. Another proof of this is that GData mentions the block of wscript.exe but the payload was already downloaded since it blocked it from the AppData folder.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
In the same log, GDATA stated that processes were stopped and malware was deleted. Suspicious activity that triggered the detection was the rename of picture filles. Aka the behaviour blocker triggered the anti ransomware module when it was too late. It probably stopped the encryption at some time, too late. Another proof of this is that GData mentions the block of wscript.exe but the payload was already downloaded since it blocked it from the AppData folder.
I saw that happening with malware i been testing from the hub.

Reactions: Fritz

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
so Gdata should more improve their bb? no recommendation?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.