Best Chromium based browser

Fastest and Feature rich Chromium/Blink/Webkit based browser? Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Wow that Peacekeeper test was fun. SlimJet was way faster than CyberFox with a score of 4150. One question though does your internet speed affect the results?

No the Internet speed doesn't matter but your machine's configuration does matter so result vary from user to user... and now compare SlimJet to Chrome and 360 browser you will get the fastest one

From all browsers I've ever used, i choose 360 Browser as it is faster & lighter than anyone else, and has already built in ad blocker and url/web protection which means less third party add on and more speed...

Very very true and it is lighter than chrome but but but old blink/chromium engine is the problem.. else it is the BEST imo..

Maxthon has one of the best syncing available: That's why it is called Maxthon Cloud Browser

Yes but can I import my passwords bookmarks and rest of the things from chrome?
if yes then please guide me through it.
I will test its speed and get back to you with results..

The FASTEST?

Try Nitro! (formerly MxNitro) It's from Maxthon, but feature-stripped.

No extensions and again a blink/chromium/webkit engine and I did test MxNitro it provides the same speed as chrome dont know about Nitro i guess it is out of beta phase can you please provide the link for it..

Has improved adblocker that incorporates ?

I remember I tried and managed fatal advertising , which left a bitter taste in mouth, as it was fast and very attractive my sight

Page 2, message 25 http://malwaretips.com/threads/would-you-recommend-a-good-browser.34538/page-2

Nope ADblock isnt the best one but pop up blocker is good and I always use adguard does everything for me malware protection, no ads, no social and other tracker. here i was talking about 360 browser dont know for sure about slimjet

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will go for Opera why? Because this browser provides something unique that other major players have even though the engine itself is likely chromium based but different approach development (Blink). Very reliable and fast responsiveness on surfing in the internet.

Not much provided a lot of extensions unlike Google Chrome and Firefox but majority of usefulness are included.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
SlimJet was a browser I wanted to try a few months ago, since I already like Slimbrowser... and slimboat is ok, but when I tried to open SlimJet, just would say "application error".

K-meleon (74.0) and Seamonkey (2.31) are two Gecko engine browsers which run very fast like Slims', and K-Meleon was updated this year, and is still quite light.

K-Meleon has been updated? Wow this browser was a life saver on my old WinXP desktop as it was extremely light.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
K-Meleon has been updated? Wow this browser was a life saver on my old WinXP desktop as it was extremely light.

It sure has! :)
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

2014-09-27
: K-Meleon 74.0 was released (new stable version).
Thanks to all who participed in this release. Read the announcement in the Forum for more info about this release

I like the new K-meleon better then the old versions! Only problem is I often cut copy and paste in my browser forum runs... and I can't figure how to with K-meleon. :(

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
I will go for Opera why? Because this browser provides something unique that other major players have even though the engine itself is likely chromium based but different approach development (Blink). Very reliable and fast responsiveness on surfing in the internet.

Not much provided a lot of extensions unlike Google Chrome and Firefox but majority of usefulness are included.

Blink is a fork of Webkit and Opera runs on Blink thats true but so does google chrome.. google chrome runs on blink since chrome build 28 and both have same features except opera has different skin like maxthon and has 1 additional feature of turbo mode. But turbo mode isnt much useful if you have a good internet connection

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

The Universal Browser Test

Safari 5.17 (WebKit?)
Points 755
HTML5 Capabilities 1/7

Opera 12.17 (Presto)
Points 627
HTML5 Capabilities 3/7

Firefox 34.0 (Gecko)
Points 528
HTML5 Capabilities 5/7

Seamonkey 2.31 (Gecko)
Points 489
HTML5 Capabilities 5/7

SlimBoat (Chrome)
Points 460
HTML5 Capabilities 2/7

K-Meleon 74.0 (Gecko)
Points 273
HTML5 Capabilities 5/7

SlimBrowser (Trident)
Points 72
HTML5 Capabilities 0/7

Internet Explorer 8 (Trident)
Points 64
HTML5 Capabilities 0/7

THESE ARE ALL THE BROWSERS I HAVE INSTALLED AS OF DEC 10TH 2014.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I would like to suggest SlimJet. I use it and it is very good, nice and fast and light enough if you do not use the X64 version. ;) http://www.slimjet.com/en/
Totally agree with you frogboy, i use Slimjet x64 for a few months now and on my system is lighter than PaleMoon.
p.s.: frogboy there is a program that you suggested and it works flawless on my pc:p:D

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Peacekeeper browser test:
PaleMoon 25.1.0 score: 1403
HTML5 capabilities 7/7

Slimjet 2.0.0.1 score: 2424
HTML5 capabilities 6/7

PaleMoon 25.1.0 is based on Firefox 31.9
Slimjet 2.0.0.1 is based on Chromium 38.0.2125.104

Both browsers are 64 bit

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Blink is a fork of Webkit and Opera runs on Blink thats true but so does google chrome.. google chrome runs on blink since chrome build 28 and both have same features except opera has different skin like maxthon and has 1 additional feature of turbo mode. But turbo mode isnt much useful if you have a good internet connection

Yes, turbo mode of Opera may become useful for others experiencing poor connection however for normal connection not recommended since it didn't view the webpage properly.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Guys those are performing Peacekeeper test perform them incognito mode (so that no extension can interfere) do it atleast twice for each browser and it will give you the proper result and while performing it keep your computer/laptop idle u will get the exact result.

And I guess you guys are going to change my mind to switch opera :D but seriously syncning is the issue in it...

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
pk-logo.png

Peacekeeper is a free online browser benchmark tool. With Peacekeeper it’s quick and easy to compare different browsers to find out which one offers the best performance on your PC.
----
Peacekeeper scores are measured in operations per second or rendered frames per second depending on the test. When "browser X" scores twice as much as "browser Y" on the same PC it means that for a given test either:

• X ran twice as many operations as Y in the same time period
  • Or X ran the test in half the time as Y
  • Or X rendered the test with twice the frame rate of Y
Or in plain language, by choosing a browser with a high Peacekeeper score you are ensuring a faster and smoother web experience within the limits of your internet connection speed.
----
UPDATE: I found a winner,

old 2012 Safari (windows)

Safari 5.17
HTML5 Capabilities 1/7

755?!
impressive, but it runs really buggy/freezes unfreezes due to age and that..., this Safari seems powerful or scored higher then the rest of the newer/newest browsers I tested. :eek:

I like the browsers UI and settings a lot, but it's just too old, and without new updates for Windows.

I think I want to try Yandex or another Chrome monster somewhere... hmmmm.

Reactions: Parth Dhanani

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Apart from Google Chrome and Chromium itself, BitTorrent Project Maelstrom has potential once it's popularity grows after public release.

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.