Best Chromium based browser

Fastest and Feature rich Chromium/Blink/Webkit based browser? Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I have preferred CENT BROWSER over Slimjet coz it can suspend unused tabs and saves me lots of resources also lazy loading... Is it available in Slimjet yet !!
You can suspend tabs in SJ using The Great Suspender extension, not natively.

I used Opera since v 3.62, with a couple of breaks for Firefox and Chrome when they first came out. But opera's change a couple of years ago lost them a lot of good will. Last I checked, which admittedly was quite a while ago, the new browser still wouldn't let you spec a default search engine that wasn't in their preferred group. They said they were protecting us from search hijacks. Unbelievable, literally.

I've tried quite a few browsers, and consider SJ to be the best. I use it on both Windows and Linux. Maxthon's Nitro was a very interesting experiment, but not practical.

vinylmeister

Level 2
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
I really like Vivaldi, i think it will get my no 1 browser after stable release. My Chrome addons work flawlessly and M3 is coming soon (hopefully).

But, does anyone know why Vivaldi gives such a blurry look? Any hints?

Reactions: kev216 and Rebsat

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
You can suspend tabs in SJ using The Great Suspender extension, not natively.

I used Opera since v 3.62, with a couple of breaks for Firefox and Chrome when they first came out. But opera's change a couple of years ago lost them a lot of good will. Last I checked, which admittedly was quite a while ago, the new browser still wouldn't let you spec a default search engine that wasn't in their preferred group. They said they were protecting us from search hijacks. Unbelievable, literally.

I've tried quite a few browsers, and consider SJ to be the best. I use it on both Windows and Linux. Maxthon's Nitro was a very interesting experiment, but not practical.

True I can use an extension for it but i prefer to use less extension as possible thats the reason i loved CENT and SJ coz they dont need much...
and to reduce resource I would use an extension which uses resources doesnt sensible. And lazy loading helps while browsing as well :)
Also I am facing this weird issue on my Slimjet x64 latest on both portable and installation version any solution for it.
Config Widows 10 x64 build 10565

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    128.9 KB · Views: 371

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Yes, compiled is better than an extension, and I too like to keep them minimal. But if you keep many open tabs and can suspend many of them by adding a low-rent extension, it's worth it.

I get a similar, but not exactly the same, tab crash about once a day, on x64 for Linux. Not sure if an extension or something else is behind it. Maybe tighter ad blocking rules or turning off hardware acceleration would help.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@Parth Dhanani @Paul B. Guys, I have Slimjet x64 on a system: Core-i3 with 6GB of RAM and I have faced the same issue
a couple of times and got pretty much the same result as you.

I followed up that issue and based on suggestion and tips by clicking on "Learn more" from the crashed page, I think this issue
and most of annoying freezing of the browser are all related to our PC's RAM. Please read this for further details:
"We do not recommend it for machines with under 8GB memory or nerves sensitive to the memory usage of applications."
Slimjet Web Browser for Windows 64-bit Version

BTW, I have Vivaldi x64 (latest version or snapshot) too but I have not faced any kind of those above issues :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.