Best Comedy T.V Series

Reethu

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2014
Let’s have a lighter moment. These are my favourites among the many T.V sitcoms I’ve seen, so I would like to know your favourite comedy T.V show of all time. Also list some episodes that you loved.

I excluded animated shows in this list and some other shows like Freaks and Geeks because this list includes only those shows with at-least 50 episodes. If I haven’t included any T.V show that is your favourite, please chose Other and comment.

Also how many of the above T.V series have you watched?

I

illumination

Out of the list, I chose M*A*S*H

It was one of my favorites of all time. The humor that took place in one of the worst environments imaginable, was among some of the best, cleanest humor I had ever witnessed. The kind of humor that helps you make it through a bad day with your sanity intact "somewhat". A classic for sure.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
There's nothing actually that you can compare to "Friends". Best sitcom i have ever seen, it even was launched while i was somewhere over the universe waiting to be born, and still one of my favourites.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Some good choices on the list, but my all time favorite is without a doubt All in the Family. So many great episodes I really can't narrow it down to just a few. Of the newer shows, I like The Big Bang Theory!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This is a tough poll. Great choices, I loved all of them and like juhful mentioned it's missing All in the Family.

But I'd go with Seinfeld. Firstly because it's a mentor to probably the most popular T.V series ever, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Infact the latter picked up some great bits from Seinfeld [some might say the latter is a rip-off of the former, but I wouldn't go that much]. Friends was mostly loved by women bringing in that romance angle and more about relationships, which Seinfeld got rid-off and concentrated more on comedy and containing an episode within itself, which made it more re-watchable. Both are about a group of close friends in N.Y City where the setting is basically a coffee shop or a room, but Seinfeld definitely had better script. Infact it became the runner-up in the 101 Best Written T.V series in the Writers Guild List. The first was awarded to The Sopranos, but it's not a surprise about Seinfeld coming in close, because each Episode of Seinfeld represented something that happened in our daily lives. In fact it called itself, A Show About Nothing, but which meant A Show About Everything. The slapstick humor, the characters, the setting, the stories intertwined in their daily lives across each episode, everything is memorable. "The Contest" an episode in Seinfeld also won the Best TV Episode of all Time in the T.V Guide's list and the show's producer Larry David a primetime Emmy award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Comedy series.

To all first-timers to Seinfeld, I'd like to say, get past the first 2 seasons for just understanding the characters, and you will definitely have the Best T.V Comedy you can ever watch.

Last edited:

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I really like The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men :D
Two and a Half Men was good because he had Charlie Sheen playing the role of Charlie Harper, after he left did not watch more, ceased to be funny.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
For me personally i would give my vote to a comedy we had here in england called "fawlty Towers".Its quite old but a true classic with only 12 episodes produced.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
My vote goes to M*A*S*H which has to be one of my all time favorite TV shows.
Seinfeld & Cheers would be next in line but M*A*S*H was a unique comedy with a serious side also.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.