Best Comedy T.V Series

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
In many ways, this list of comedies parallels chapters from our respective lives.
Beginning with "I Love Lucy" which was watched with my family from the time I was in preschool, to "M.A.S.H", a series that is, to this day, much more than just a comedy, sitcoms such as "Soap" & "Taxi" (as well as "Frazier") and "Seinfeld" have brought me face to face with hysterical laughter,:p and the very mention of "Get Smart" & "The Three Stooges" :rolleyes:nostalgically tickle my funny bone down to the core when looking back upon my own trip through life's time machine.;) As a boy, I remember how "All In The Family"(-'s) Archie Bunker scared me. These angry outbursts (on the surface) thoroughly concealed a loving & kind heart dwelling within a man just getting by in life. Lately, "The Big Bang Theory" continues to evolve, and my wife & I are enjoying this newest season even more than some of it's past ones. Perhaps, the true gems from each of these very unique series is they have living life in common. Personally, my favorite, & current running, comedy (not listed) is called "Mom"; and similarly, some of the very best moments drawn from these favorite old comedies might also be the very reasons why I keep watching.o_O They can make me laugh (a lot!):D and there are times when they:confused: can also make me:oops: cry.:cool:

...and (to me) that's quite remarkable.:)

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
The OP's list only includes US comedies. The original UK version of The Office is way better than the US version (Brit here btw).

I think Bilko is better than all of those on the list and Frasier is better than Cheers and most of the others. Also loved the camp humour of the 60s Batman series.

Of those on the list I think The Big Bang Theory is the best. Jim Parsons is brilliant as Sheldon. Cant stand the terrible actor who plays Leonard though. All he does is frown and sneer. Love the 2 episodes with Christine Baranski as Leonard's mom (Capacitance ad Congruence) and The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition when the new girl moves in upstairs. Great episode with Billy Bob Thornton too. The show isn't as good as it used to be though. I'm a big fan of Adam West but the 200th show was rubbish.

So, top comedies of all time:
1 The Phil Silvers Show (aka Bilko)
2 Father Ted
3 The Office (UK version)
4 Frasier (up until Daphne got fat - just got ridiculous after that)
5 The Big Bang Theory

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I voted Other... Other... Other... did I say Other? :D

What 'bout The Simpsons ... its been on 100 years, yes I know its cartoon-humans ;)

Or... Married With Children, Gimme a Break, Mama's Family... I guess I like dysfunctyional family b*tching in my comedy. I am probably forgettin some personal favorites.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I voted Other... Other... Other... did I say Other? :D

What 'bout The Simpsons ... its been on 100 years, yes I know its cartoon-humans ;)

Or... Married With Children, Gimme a Break, Mama's Family... I guess I like dysfunctyional family b*tching in my comedy. I am probably forgettin some personal favorites.

O.P said she excluded animated T.V series in her list

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
The Inbetweeners and Peep Show (fellow brits will know! :D).

I did enjoy watching How I Met Your Mother, Everybody Hates Chris and Malcolm In The Middle.

Impractical Jokers cracks me up also!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
.....the only one and best ever: "Married with Children"

Has got a special kind of humor i haven't seen in any other comedy show/series...

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.