Battle Best free antivirus for android

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

@Tiamati I reinstalled Trend and it seems it is a trial, sorry for the misinformation. They've made it a bit confusing.

However, Dr.Safety provides web blocking and is free. It is an official Trend Micro product and has no ads.

I want to attach screenshots, but the buttons to add images, spoilers and everything else are greyed out on my phone...

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Dr. Safety is free, I just installed it now. It's not even asking for account.
That's interesting. I thought I was fairly well up on mobile AVs but I'd never heard of it. How does it differ from the paid Dr Web Security Space? I can't find any independent reviews except user reviews in play store.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
That's interesting. I thought I was fairly well up on mobile AVs but I'd never heard of it. How does it differ from the paid Dr Web Security Space? I can't find any independent reviews except user reviews in play store.
It has nothing to do with Dr.Web It's father is Trend Micro, just pull up trend micro on the play store then enlarge the photos and you will see it in 1 of the photos trend micro posted.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I am using BD free but it lacks web protection. Do you think web protection is necessary on Android system or can I continue using the free version?
You'll get many here saying it's not necessary but just as many saying it is. Your choice. I personally prefer having it. Why not try Sophos? It also has impressive customization regarding what categories you want blocked plus lots of great features and no ads.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.