Battle Best Free Combo to prevent Infections (No Traditional AV)

Compare list
hard configurator + comodo firewall + secureaplus (UV disabled+ apex not real time protection+reg as antivirus)
hard configurator + comodo firewall + avast free (only file prot. with HM)
hard configurator + spyshelter + secureaplus (UV disabled+ apex not real time protection+reg as antivirus)
hard configurator + spyshelter + avast free (only file prot. with HM)
hard configurator + huorong IS (Host Reinforcement set to deny+Custom rules)
Others
In-depth Comparison

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Haha....@Andy's apps are not MS apps :LOL:
Hard_Configurator executables are not Microsoft programs, you have to use them for five minutes to configure the protection. Hard_Configurator settings and real-time protection are fully Microsoft without 3rd party addons.:)(y)

Chri.Mi,
You can use safely Comodo Firewall with CS settings and skip anything else, or use the H_C with any AV.
Of course, you can also keep any setup you like if it does not kill your computer.:)

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
A year ago I had it for about 3 months in my system. I tried it with an incredible number of viruses. I did not see any infection. Exra it have one very secure sandbox.

@stefanos so for u how is this combo:
hard configurator (hardening os)
quihoo (just cloud)
simplewall (manage outbound rules)
Another thing, 360SE and 360 normal have the same database for cloud?
Have same database. I tried every time with VS. Never i use simplewall to tell you about it. For me combo 360TSE + VS + hard configurator is almost invincible

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
How is 360 in terms of signatures updates vs zero days?
Used to do fairly well back in the day when I used to test it, but recently they have dropped some decent performance as of late. I think they have a Cloud engine but sure. I thought you didn't want to have a software on your computer that had traditional signature based detection bro?

~LDogg

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Used to do fairly well back in the day when I used to test it, but recently they have dropped some decent performance as of late. I think they have a Cloud engine but sure. I thought you didn't want to have a software on your computer that had traditional signature based detection bro?

~LDogg
If i anderstand good he want cloud signatures only.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I think so too, but with Qihoo you can disable the Signature based engine which is what he would want tbh.

~LDogg
Yes. if you disable Avira engine you have only the cloud

I asked so... i can take in consideration cloud ones... for what i understand without avira and kunpeng is just cloud based or i wrong?
yes

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Sure Avira engine have delay signatures. Avira antivirus have update every two hours. 360TS one update the day
Are u talking about Universal AV or premium offline Avira?
And what about others Antivirus? They have f-secure, emsisoft, avg, avira, mcafee, sophos in Universal AV... Would know if them have the same database of the original ones, and if not how much are delayed. Maybe @sap can help with that

Last edited:
Reactions: Stopspying

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.