Battle Best Free Combo to prevent Infections (No Traditional AV)

Compare list
hard configurator + comodo firewall + secureaplus (UV disabled+ apex not real time protection+reg as antivirus)
hard configurator + comodo firewall + avast free (only file prot. with HM)
hard configurator + spyshelter + secureaplus (UV disabled+ apex not real time protection+reg as antivirus)
hard configurator + spyshelter + avast free (only file prot. with HM)
hard configurator + huorong IS (Host Reinforcement set to deny+Custom rules)
Others
In-depth Comparison

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
The combo I suggest is 36Ο TS or TSE. TSE is more light without bloadware. + VS + H C. At this combo you not activate any engine. Like this you not care about the Avira signatures

Oh k. I thought u was talking about universal AV one xD
I fyou test this combo just not use the 360 extension. Is useless. Use the Bitdefender trafic light.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Last edited:

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
SEP is not free, but do u think is at the same lvl of protection after broadcom acquired it?
After trial everything except submission works and you won't need it since you use only the firewall component

After trial everything except submission works and you won't need it since you use only the firewall component
And about Boradcom they didn't downgrade the level of protection .
Just didn't innovative as every update is only minor bug fixes :(

And about Boradcom they didn't downgrade the level of protection .
Just didn't innovative as every update is only minor bug fixes :(
If you will want to change options that aren't available via GUI and you dont want to run a SPEM server .
You can always modify via Regedit or the .DAT directly.
If you will want your own SPEM server PM me i have a very extended trial .Slf file i can share by request.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hi there, need suggestions for free software combos to prevent Infections. Dont like traditional AV.
Comodo firewall can cover network protection and zero-days, so your AV should cover signatures and web protection.
For that I can suggest FortiClient, you can read my review here User Feedback - FortiClient 6.0.9.0277

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@Digmor Crusher
@Andy Ful
I'm not using Win10 and such apps but...more or less...I know what they do in system :) It was only just a small joke :)
BTW...as I see quite all mentions...except only few...are about signature-based protection what means that nowadays actually all protection layers depend on decision from "outer space" - servers with signatures, white/blacklists of detected processes/files/pages, info from something like community, etc. What about when everything from them failed?...stop working?...due to some circumstances like at present pandemic?
That's why I recommend rather local solution maybe not so convinient for user but less vulnerable for issues from outside.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@Digmor Crusher
@Andy Ful
I'm not using Windows 10 and such apps but...more or less...I know what they do in system :) It was only just a small joke :)
BTW...as I see quite all mentions...except only few...are about signature-based protection what means that nowadays actually all protection layers depend on decision from "outer space" - servers with signatures, white/blacklists of detected processes/files/pages, info from something like community, etc. What about when everything from them failed?...stop working?...due to some circumstances like at present pandemic?
That's why I recommend rather local solution maybe not so convinient for user but less vulnerable for issues from outside.
Probably the best could be a mix of AV (based on the cloud) and local non-signature solution.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
WD + AndyConfig MAX should suffice in protection. Defender's resource hogging has gotten better though something Kaspersky Cloud might be good. UBlock Origin can be a good adblocker and can block some suspicious websites, other AV extensions could be used. Privacy Possum can give you less of a fingerprint but other's suggestions are certainly good.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
WD + AndyConfig MAX should suffice in protection.
Yes, it should. Yet, it has some cons, too. The most problematic can be blocking software auto-updates by ASR rule "Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted list criteria". If the application is very popular, then the fresh update will be allowed after one or a few days. But, for unpopular applications, the updates can be blocked for months. In such a case one has to turn off this ASR rule >> restart computer >> make updates >> turn on ASR rule >> restart the computer. But, from the tests on MH it follows, that this rule can be important to mitigate 0-day malware.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
If you prefer to go with Comodo firewall and maybe AV, remember a good free antikeylogger. Ghostpress and spyshelter is good softs.

Comodo has Hips and Spyshelter has Hips too. One should be disabled. For instance, just use the keylogger part of Spyshelter premium or Silent.

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
[/QUOTE]"Back3, post: 878508, member: 79310"]
Comodo has Hips and Spyshelter has Hips too. One should be disabled. For instance, just use the keylogger part of Spyshelter.
[/QUOTE]
I dont use it, I didn't know there was a HIPS in Spyshelter. Then Ghostpress would probably be better. Thanks.

Reactions: Back3 and Chri.Mi

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
K guys thk for the help... i have chosen the software to use... if u wanna continue to suggest i will take in consideration others softwares.

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.