Advice Request Best image viewer ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
There is so many to pick from! I can never make a decision. Is it worth paying for one ?
I believe to purchase isn't worth for this purpose as image viewer only, unless for professional work...

As mentioned by @Deletedmessiah I can recommend: IrfanView

IrfanView graphic viewer​

• Fast and compact ( just 5 MB )
  • Freeware for non-commercial use
  • Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and 11
  • 32 and 64 bit version
  • Multi language support
  • Unicode support
  • Designed to be simple but powerful

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
The only one I can use here is FastStone Image Viewer because I work with a lot of images and need the library feature as well, not just the viewer.

I might give Irfanview another look, but I don't think the library is so efficient, sounds like it might load faster though.

Got an old version of Photoshop, CS5, which still works fine. Have FastRawViewer for working with raw files. Recently bought Affinity Photo as an upgrade to Photoshop (fantastic value for money as a Photoshop replacement!).

I use Faststone as a quick general lightweight viewer and library, and from that you can add shortcuts to open the heavy guns for image manipulation @ng4ever

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.