Advice Request Best Modern Web Browser for 2017

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

l1nuxfre4k

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2014
What you guys think?
Which one is the best at the moment?

I'm been using Chrome for many many years but i donno maybe something better out there for me :)
I got like an average of 40-50 tabs open daily, often upwards 60-70,
my laptop hates me :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Guess everyone has stated that it comes down to the user and what they do. Just like with everything in life what the person does. I currently use Chrome for all my browsing needs, Facebook, YouTube, MalwareTips, etc. Reason behind that is everything is synced across all my devices. I can open a page on my PC in Chrome and go and open Chrome on my phone and get the tab that is opened on my PC on my phone. Guess it's simple and easy to use. Privacy, I won't say Google is the best when it comes to it. Has it's good and bad points. I also use Firefox, for the reason at Uni and when I was at TAFE it makes it alot easier keeping my Uni work seperate from my social life. I used to be a big user of Firefox and Waterfox, but when I got Google phones I found Chrome to be easier to have everything in one place.

I'm always looking at what browsers are now "in fashion and strong" to see if they are any better to what I'm using now.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I can't say which is the best browser for 2017.
My favorites are Cyberfox and Cent.
I removed Cyberfox because it will not get updated in the future.
About Cent i think that in my sytem has the best CPU usage among the browsers that i tested.
Right now i am using Yandex because i want to use a different chromioum UI.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
The best browser is the browser that suits your needs and i have tried most of them on my linux machine from chrome to firefox and vivaldi,but i always come back to palemoon which has the look and feel of a firefox i remember fondly.

Its about user choice,we as people have different tastes and thankfully we have a lot of great choices in terms of browsers.
Pretty much this.

At work I use both IE and Chrome (IE due to the CCTV system) and at home I use Chrome. Used to use firefox but I started to dislike it.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I always wanted to fully switch to Firefox and never look back to Chrome, but sadly, Chrome does offer better sync and everything is in place for me.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
It should be atleast as safe as the Chromium is. On the top, it provides a few more security and privacy options in the settings. Now it should be your experience deciding for you :)

Well... I just replaced Chrome with Cent on all my PCs :) I also have a Lenovo AIO which is in the kitchen for entertaining purposes mainly, netflix, recipes, music, stuff like this. It's a cheap one with entry level hardware on which i could barely open more than 5-6 heavy webpages in separate tabs, with Chrome. Now, with Cent, is literally flying no matter what i open and how many tabs. Chrome had the Great Suspender, even that didn't help that much.

Awesome browser, the Cent!

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Well... I just replaced Chrome with Cent on all my PCs :) I also have a Lenovo AIO which is in the kitchen for entertaining purposes mainly, netflix, recipes, music, stuff like this. It's a cheap one with entry level hardware on which i could barely open more than 5-6 heavy webpages in separate tabs, with Chrome. Now, with Cent, is literally flying no matter what i open and how many tabs. Chrome had the Great Suspender, even that didn't help that much.

Awesome browser, the Cent!
I am also giving Cent Browser a run here. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.