Best of Adblocking extensions

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
so it is clear that MT loads lot of stuff when you log in.
MT keeps bugging about linking config, even-though it already is, and also notifications.

Attachments

• capture_11102019_031812.jpg
    capture_11102019_031812.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 361

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Last time i checked firefox forces you to use Cloudflare DNS. So when you activate VPN and use DoH on firefox, firefox keep using Cloudflare and ignores your VPN DNS server
Yes they're going to make DoH default for US users at least for now and they use Cloudflare by default. Cloudflare and Mozilla have a separate agreement on privacy policy: Cloudflare Resolver for Firefox - Cloudflare Resolver
Anyway users can use another provider or turn off DoH completely.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Guys, someone can update me about Ghostery? Last time i checked, Ghostery was not been recomended because of some privacy concerns about the data they collect and how they use them. It seems to be a legit concern as Ghostery seens to be a private company (isn't?), differently from Privacy Badger (from UFF) and ublock origin from Raymond.

I'm curious cause it seems that ghostery is doing a better job than the other 2 i mentioned.

Ty for the help!

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
@Lenny_Linux sup!

Hey, i was wondering, wich types of trackers do you block with ghostery. I know Ghostery let just a few enabled by default, but i'd like to know if you activate any other and if you experienced any problem breaking sites after that.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
See pictures, when Ghostery blocks to much: enable SMART BLOCKING. When smart blocking allows to much switch to the updated Privacy badger :) (a comparison is a snap shot in time, when one of the programs publish a major update,it probably impacts the results, I am running Privacy Badger on Edge-chromium, Edge-chromium tracking protection on balanced).

Attachments

• features.png
    features.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 327
  • list.png
    list.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
ty @Lenny_Linux .

I tried Privacy badger in 2018. It broken a lot of pages i was using, so i stopped using it. I didn't know about the major update. I'll take a look.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.