Q&A Best program/application you've ever used

Discussion in 'General Apps' started by Deletedmessiah, Dec 9, 2017.

1. AtlBo

AtlBo Level 23

Dec 29, 2014
    Qihoo 360
    #41 AtlBo, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Thanks for this and all of your other points. On this one, maybe I am wrong about fileimage.dat. I was sure it was associated with CPM, but I honestly can't even recall why. At any rate, some combination of restarting the service and/or moving fileimage.dat worked for me. Thought I understood why, but maybe this somehow resets the key you mention.

One minute. I think now that you mention it, I do move fileimage.dat and then uninstall CPM. Then I reinstall CPM and turn off the service, replace fileimage.dat, and restart the service. I really should take notes when I do these things. At any rate, gonna commit all your info to a notepad now, so thx again.

@roger_m...is the 2.0 beta installer you use available someplace safe? I found it on some Russian or Latvian etc. download sites, but I don't want to install from an unknown site on a clean W10 installation. Can't seem to get .1.2.x to install on W10 Pro, even booting with the driver signatures unmonitored. CPM installer run as admin for W7 compatibility asks me to reboot and try again, which again fails...

Thanks for this. Think the issue with CPM is that Comodo let the driver expire. Don't know why, but they punted CPM for some unknown reason. It really works though...
    daljeet, Deletedmessiah and Opcode like this.
  2. roger_m

roger_m Level 13

Dec 4, 2014
    Windows 10
    daljeet and Deletedmessiah like this.
  3. AtlBo

AtlBo Level 23

Dec 29, 2014
    Qihoo 360
    @roger_m...apologies. Missed the link you posted in your first post. Thought it was code:

Thanks. I'll try again tomorrow. At one point I had CPM installed in W10 but it wouldn't monitor and Windows didn't remove it fully. I'll try removing the key you mentioned and go through the entire process tomorrow to see if the installer will run then. Maybe that will stop the reboot from being requested.[/QUOTE]
    daljeet, Deletedmessiah and roger_m like this.
  4. roger_m

roger_m Level 13

Dec 4, 2014
    Windows 10
    There will be an initial reboot required after installing CPM. But after rebooting, CPM will run, rather than prompting you to reboot again.
    daljeet, Deletedmessiah and AtlBo like this.
  5. Danielx64

Danielx64 Level 9

Mar 24, 2017
    Windows 10
    Here we go

Browser: Firefox (used to be chrome)
    Email: Outlook 2016
    Download manager: IDM
    CD/DVD tools (managing ISO etc): DAEMON Tools Ultra
    Startmenu: Startisback
    Archiver: PowerArchiver
    General Adobe software: Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
    General Cyberlink software: CyberLink Media Suite15.0 Ultimate
    Photo viewer: Zoner Photo Studio 17
    roger_m, Weebarra, daljeet and 2 others like this.
  6. AtlBo

AtlBo Level 23

Dec 29, 2014
    Qihoo 360
    #46 AtlBo, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Yes thanks. This message occurs before the installation. When the installer is first run , it loads right up until the installation dialog should show. Then it pops up the reboot message. That's why I plan to remove the key and try again. I think the key is there because CPM was on the PC previously. It never would record, so after setting all the executables to run in W7 mode with no luck, I decided to remove the program several months ago. Looks like a good bit of junk was left behind. Also going to move fileimage.dat (I think it's there) and see if that helps. Doesn't contain any installation data, since the program never monitoried anything, but maybe the installer doesn't like it there idk. Here is a short thread on that file btw:

fileimage.dat - Help - CPM

I have some things to try tomorrow. I think remnants from the previous installation could be causing the installation problem I am having.
    roger_m, daljeet and Deletedmessiah like this.
  7. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 17

Jan 16, 2017
    Outer space
    Windows 8.1
  8. maximus

maximus Level 4

Dec 18, 2014
    Macrium Reflect, Adguard, Shadow Defender, Emsisoft, Total Commander.
    AtlBo, Overlord, Weebarra and 3 others like this.
  9. low L!fe

low L!fe Level 3

Oct 11, 2014
    Windows 10
    Burning Nero
    Compress Winrar
    Security Norton and Bitdefender
    Browsers Firefox
    Multimedia 5K Player Winamp
    AtlBo and Deletedmessiah like this.