Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for the information. There are times where due to CPM not working, I've uninstalled and then reinstalled it, which has meant CPM has lost its database of installations. Now I know what file to backup. However, I have worked out how to reinstall CPM without losing anything. I run the installer again and then delete the CPMRestartCheck registry key.

Thanks for this and all of your other points. On this one, maybe I am wrong about fileimage.dat. I was sure it was associated with CPM, but I honestly can't even recall why. At any rate, some combination of restarting the service and/or moving fileimage.dat worked for me. Thought I understood why, but maybe this somehow resets the key you mention.

One minute. I think now that you mention it, I do move fileimage.dat and then uninstall CPM. Then I reinstall CPM and turn off the service, replace fileimage.dat, and restart the service. I really should take notes when I do these things. At any rate, gonna commit all your info to a notepad now, so thx again.

Do this at your own risk, as CPM can cause issues in rare cases. I'm using the beta of v2 of CPM.

@roger_m...is the 2.0 beta installer you use available someplace safe? I found it on some Russian or Latvian etc. download sites, but I don't want to install from an unknown site on a clean W10 installation. Can't seem to get .1.2.x to install on W10 Pro, even booting with the driver signatures unmonitored. CPM installer run as admin for W7 compatibility asks me to reboot and try again, which again fails...

If you have it working without Test Mode enabled without disabling driver signature enforcement at each boot then this already means they sign their drivers :)

Thanks for this. Think the issue with CPM is that Comodo let the driver expire. Don't know why, but they punted CPM for some unknown reason. It really works though...

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
@roger_m...apologies. Missed the link you posted in your first post. Thought it was code:

downloads.comodo.com/cpm/download/setups/CPM_SETUP_2.0.0.3_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe

Thanks. I'll try again tomorrow. At one point I had CPM installed in W10 but it wouldn't monitor and Windows didn't remove it fully. I'll try removing the key you mentioned and go through the entire process tomorrow to see if the installer will run then. Maybe that will stop the reboot from being requested.[/QUOTE]

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Here we go

Browser: Firefox (used to be chrome)
Email: Outlook 2016
Download manager: IDM
CD/DVD tools (managing ISO etc): DAEMON Tools Ultra
Startmenu: Startisback
Archiver: PowerArchiver
General Adobe software: Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection
General Cyberlink software: CyberLink Media Suite15.0 Ultimate
Photo viewer: Zoner Photo Studio 17

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Yes thanks. This message occurs before the installation. When the installer is first run , it loads right up until the installation dialog should show. Then it pops up the reboot message. That's why I plan to remove the key and try again. I think the key is there because CPM was on the PC previously. It never would record, so after setting all the executables to run in W7 mode with no luck, I decided to remove the program several months ago. Looks like a good bit of junk was left behind. Also going to move fileimage.dat (I think it's there) and see if that helps. Doesn't contain any installation data, since the program never monitoried anything, but maybe the installer doesn't like it there idk. Here is a short thread on that file btw:

fileimage.dat - Help - CPM

I have some things to try tomorrow. I think remnants from the previous installation could be causing the installation problem I am having.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.