Advice Request Best Secure Browser Chrome or Firefox?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have used FF in Windows 10 for years until I read some articles that favor Chrome more for speed and security, so I switched about a year ago.

What do you think of the latest FF build?

I know there are clones of these browsers but it has been said that these aren't patched as frequently as the originals.

Which do you think is better at mitigating or preventing browser exploits, and why?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I tend to change my my mind often, using chromium alternatives and firefox + forks. Right now im using centbrowser

If i would have to choice most secure browser it would be google chrome, i just dont like it because you cant disable history tracking + clear all in exit without browser extensions. This is why i vote for firefox now

I use chrome only for log-in with bank account on few sites, but for networking i use anything else

Last edited:
Reactions: bjm_ and JB007

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Chrome is a few steps ahead in Security
Chrome Security
Meet Google's 'Security Princess', The Reason You Feel Safe Browsing The Web On Google Chrome.

Firefox is a few steps ahead in Privacy.
Private Browser with extra tracking protection | Download Firefox
Mozilla - Mozilla Is Working on a Chrome-Like "Site Isolation" Feature for Firefox

The answers you'll receive are 50:50, leaving you undecided. Both are great, use whichever you prefer or both (who going to say you can't?).

The only browsers to avoid are unsupported or discontinued browser, for example, Internet Explorer and Safari for Windows.

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Security wise Chrome has its edge no doubt about it. I too was a long term Chrome user and switched to Firefox when they released Quantum iteration. I always felt unease of using Chrome, a browser built by the worlds largest advertisement company. If Chrome was built by a small local advertisement company how many people actually bother to use their browser ? Even though Firefox is not a super privacy browser by any metrics it is certainly better than Google browser with slightly less security, in other words Firefox privacy/security is more balanced than Google browser.

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
Based on experienced, Google Chrome is the fastest and secure web browser to use and it is also regarded as the best secure browser for 2018. Besides, Chrome is designed for Security while Firefox is designed for Privacy. So, my best suggestion in terms of secure browsing is Google Chrome.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
How to look at it.

Chrome: Security driven. Updates flaws, general Chrome settings, bugs & exploits quicker.
Firefox: More privacy driven & more customisable, forks like FF Quantum are also faster.

Comes down to personal preference on what you wish to use.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use Chrome because is faster in youtube, not because is more secure than Firefox lol :D
don't worry guys, i know that's not right :cry:
That article was misleading.
Chris Peterson said:
YouTube page load is 5x slower in Firefox and Edge than in Chrome because YouTube's Polymer redesign relies on the deprecated Shadow DOM v0 API only implemented in Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.