Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello.

I am curious about the rollback feature of some AV/AntiMalware Softwares. Which one has the best and most efficient one in "undoing" the damages done by malware?

Webroot - maybe the most popular in the category
Norton - I heard that version 2014 has this ability of replacing damaged system files
Kaspersky's System Watcher - available in 2015 version.
Or maybe your know other products with this ability. Please say so!

I am asking not about detection, lightness, or anything else. Just "Rollback"

Thanks!

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Are you talking about "Repair"?

Once I had few Virus affected files and found 360 IS cleaned that automatically.

Rest of the Antivirus I used like - Avast, Avg just deleted the files.

Y

yigido

This is not removal. This is rollback feature. I do not use any of them above but Webroot.
If I remember correct Twister also has rollback feature. This is inform to you.

Reactions: ifacedown

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Are you talking about "Repair"?

Once I had few Virus affected files and found 360 IS cleaned that automatically.

Rest of the Antivirus I used like - Avast, Avg just deleted the files.
Rollback and not repair. That would for a certain amount of time, malware has been 'allowed' to do some damage, until the AV realises it is malicious. Then the AV decides to undo the damage.

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
Returnil Pro is both a Virtualization Rollback program and an antivirus, But it is more for an advanced user. Toolwiz time machine lets you make another set of restore points that are stored in a different area than the Windows restore points. I find this to be very helpful as a lot of malware will remove your windows restore points. I use Toolwiz time machine before and after i install new software. Restore point creator can be set to take 1 system snapshot per day, but they are stored with the windows restore points. Overall, I Like Toolwiz time machine the best, and its free. Toolwiz also has a FREE virtualization product called Toolwiz time freeze.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Returnil Pro is both a Virtualization Rollback program and an antivirus, But it is more for an advanced user. Toolwiz time machine lets you make another set of restore points that are stored in a different area than the Windows restore points. I find this to be very helpful as a lot of malware will remove your windows restore points. I use Toolwiz time machine before and after i install new software. Restore point creator can be set to take 1 system snapshot per day, but they are stored with the windows restore points. Overall, I Like Toolwiz time machine the best, and its free. Toolwiz also has a FREE virtualization product called Toolwiz time freeze.
Thanks for the info! I am using Shadow Defender because it is quite simple to use.

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
Thanks for the info! I am using Shadow Defender because it is quite simple to use.
Shadow Defender messed up my computer after the 30day trial was over. The trial was supposed to be for a year, but they didnt honor their offer. After the 30 days i went to uninstall and my Windows restore points disappeared. Toolwiz care is a whole suite of FREE security products that include, rollback, virtualization and hidden lock-boxes amond other things, so far i am quite impressed.

D

Deleted member 178

Shadow Defender messed up my computer after the 30day trial was over. The trial was supposed to be for a year, but they didnt honor their offer. After the 30 days i went to uninstall and my Windows restore points disappeared. Toolwiz care is a whole suite of FREE security products that include, rollback, virtualization and hidden lock-boxes amond other things, so far i am quite impressed.

SD has nothing to do with rollback, it is virtualization.

When did you create the restore points? During shadow mode?

There is no real efficient rollback system, because to be efficient the software must be able to store all datas of the clean system in case of infection and no AV can do it.

Only pure rollback softs are able to do it properly.

Returnil is the only one that add an AV to its rollback feature

Last edited by a moderator:

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014

There is no real efficient rollback system, because to be efficient the software must be able to store all datas of the clean system in case of infection and no AV can do it.

Correct! I was waiting for your answer... Thanks

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014

Correct! I was waiting for your answer... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.