Advice Request Best Utility: Wise Care 365, Glary Utilities or System Mechanic?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Wise 365 is good but has a registry cleaner, an alternative is the free Wise Disk Cleaner which is simpler (free) & has no registry cleaner - I feel there isn't a place anymore for all in one cleaners which often run in the background & not only are unnecessary but can mess up your install.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I don't like Glary Utilities because it has not received any major updates for years. Also, some features just don't work well. As an example, I've never seen the driver update find any updates. Wise 365 is good, but occasionally the registry cleaner will want to delete valid keys. An excellent alternative is Wise Disk Cleaner. It's free and is just good as cleaning junk, but omits the registry cleaner.

System Mechanic works quite well, but I really don't like the user interface and I dislike their shady marketing practices. They encourage you to extend your subscription in order to upgrade to the latest version. However, as long as you have a current subscription you can upgrade to any new version without having to pay any more.

As already mentioned, Kerish Doctor is very good.

Last edited:

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Wise 365 is good but has a registry cleaner, an alternative is the free Wise Disk Cleaner which is simpler (free) & has no registry cleaner - I feel there isn't a place anymore for all in one cleaners which often run in the background & not only are unnecessary but can mess up your install.
You can just use Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner alone. I have been running for 2 years in a coup of PCs a setup which simply executed a scheduled clean once a week on both.

Manually, about once a month (or maybe more if I don't have access to the PC) with HiBit Uninstaller and Privazer. No complaints. They just work!

And nothing running in background!

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Have been using Privacy Eraser for the last 3 years with Hibit Uninstaller ( junk files cleaner). Never had an issue with those two. Every three montth or so, I use Windows Disk Cleaner to get rid of Windows Updates backups. I'm covered with Macrium images.

Last edited:

Liz R

Jun 2, 2022
Hi, which Tune-Up Program works for you.
I have all three installed(Pro versions)but I only use System Mechanic Pro now.
They are very talented at iolo, & support is outstanding IMHO,
Thanks.:)
That is what I always said about System Mechanic until this morning when They wanted another 170+ dollars for helping me with a malicious "ad pop up". ( my subscription is current until 2023) Pop UP is fastcheck.top. I called McAfee and they helped me out and I eliminated it. MalwareTips has also been very helpful! Your comment is interesting. Thank you.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
You can just use Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner alone. I have been running for 2 years in a coup of PCs a setup which simply executed a scheduled clean once a week on both.
I literally turn off PC with those, aside from some manual cleanup.
Code:
start "" /wait "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Wise\Wise Disk Cleaner\WiseDiskCleaner.exe" -a -adv
start "" /wait "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Wise\Wise Registry Cleaner\WiseRegCleaner.exe" -a -all

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.