Votes: 24 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I don't like google chrome but it work well.
I use Archlinux, chromium and firefox work well, but i prefer use firefox for extension, themes and many other things.
Vivaldi work well but i prefer wait a release.
Opera is verry bad for me, so slow, etc ...
On Linux we have 64 bits version for all browser, then don't try to compare with browser on windows ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
img

1262266836984709776.gif
lol true

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Cyberfox is my personal choice. I've used every browser on the internet (I can't help it, I love testing). Intel seems to work best with Chromium Blink engine, AMD seems to work best with Firefox Gecko engine. I haven't tested every processor out there though, this is just based on what I have which is dual and quad core AMD's, single, dual, and quad core Intel.

Whatever your processor, I can say with some degree of confidence that Cyberfox will run better with it's custom builds tailored to Intel/AMD 32/64bit than if you used stock Firefox. Waterfox runs like crap on all my systems (not saying it's a bad browser), Palemoon is faster and more stable than stock Firefox but I've had compatibility problems with some extensions.

Opera stalls too much on my system and don't have native support for Xmarks without using the addon that allows you to install Chrome extensions and it has too many problems when using Xmarks with it. Vivaldi needs much more work but should be a promising browser. One that I will heavily consider using when in beta/RC or finished. Internet Explorer I use to download other browsers when I have a new system install. It's a sturdy well built browser but is too vulnerable in my opinion. I don't trust Google and therefore can't trust the browser. Torch is "ok" but doesn't have integrated translation support or have the latest Blink engine so I don't care for it. Maxthon is stable and has built in adblock but isn't nearly as fast as Chromium and Firefox based browsers. I've never been impressed with Trident engine browsers - Webkit is ok I guess.

The rest I simply don't care for or trust. My rant would go on forever if I stared talking about the rest.

Disclaimer: There really is no "best". It's about opinion, personal preference, stability, and performance on ones computer configuration. You yourself also trust who YOU trust and shouldn't let others sway your opinion unless there is a security risk involved with the browser in question. Like all could agree that Internet Explorer isn't a very secure browser, especially when compared to Chromium and Firefox based browsers.

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014

Firefox and Chrome both eats Ram, if you are using 256mb Ram in P4 Desktop PC...

If you have atleast Core2Duo with 2GB Ram (which i have, so i am saying) and Installed Stable products of them, then both of them will not Disturb you.

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Cyberfox is my personal choice. I've used every browser on the internet (I can't help it, I love testing). Intel seems to work best with Chromium Blink engine, AMD seems to work best with Firefox Gecko engine. I haven't tested every processor out there though, this is just based on what I have which is dual and quad core AMD's, single, dual, and quad core Intel.

Whatever your processor, I can say with some degree of confidence that Cyberfox will run better with it's custom builds tailored to Intel/AMD 32/64bit than if you used stock Firefox. Waterfox runs like crap on all my systems (not saying it's a bad browser), Palemoon is faster and more stable than stock Firefox but I've had compatibility problems with some extensions.

Opera stalls too much on my system and don't have native support for Xmarks without using the addon that allows you to install Chrome extensions and it has too many problems when using Xmarks with it. Vivaldi needs much more work but should be a promising browser. One that I will heavily consider using when in beta/RC or finished. Internet Explorer I use to download other browsers when I have a new system install. It's a sturdy well built browser but is too vulnerable in my opinion. I don't trust Google and therefore can't trust the browser. Torch is "ok" but doesn't have integrated translation support or have the latest Blink engine so I don't care for it. Maxthon is stable and has built in adblock but isn't nearly as fast as Chromium and Firefox based browsers. I've never been impressed with Trident engine browsers - Webkit is ok I guess.

The rest I simply don't care for or trust. My rant would go on forever if I stared talking about the rest.

Disclaimer: There really is no "best". It's about opinion, personal preference, stability, and performance on ones computer configuration. You yourself also trust who YOU trust and shouldn't let others sway your opinion unless there is a security risk involved with the browser in question. Like all could agree that Internet Explorer isn't a very secure browser, especially when compared to Chromium and Firefox based browsers.

I had currently installed it for few minutes but there is very very little difference b/w Firefox and CyberFox, in speed wise, in my opinion.

Visit this URL:

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-check-web-browser-speed.46180/

and test speed of your browser, and check overall score there..

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I had currently installed it for few minutes but there is very very little difference b/w Firefox and CyberFox, in speed wise, in my opinion.

Visit this URL:

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-check-web-browser-speed.46180/

and test speed of your browser, and check overall score there..

I've done several speed tests between the two. Cyberfox renders faster than Firefox. It's to be expected when you optimize code and not just support all hardware in general. And I have to add that it was just 32bit Cyberfox and not the 64bit which would probably render even faster since my system is all 64bit (hardware and drivers). But as @darko999 pointed out, it will take more RAM. 64bit shines in video rendering and game play while in the browser which might be worth it to some.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Firefox in Windows, SRWare Iron in Linux

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm a avid fan of Mozilla Firefox, even though its as problems in performance since before it took 5-6 years as a user.

Then Google Chrome for 2-3 years and now my favorite is Opera which already 2 years from now as I used.

*Note: Opera never crashed on my system based on my observation. ;)

I like a browser where its underdog from competition.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
*Note: Opera never crashed on my system based on my observation. ;)

I like a browser where its underdog from competition.

I will certainly give Opera that. I've never seen it crash or heard of it crash. In my eyes as of now, it is the most stable. I used it for at least a year (back when it used the Presto engine). Never even been a time when an extension or plugin crashed in it.

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Pale Moon on Win7 and Linux Mint 17Xfce, also SlimJet on Win7.

Used to run old Opera and it worked great, new Opera is just another Chromium clone with some weird philosophy from it's creators so i don't use Opera anymore, also I try every now and then other browsers to see how they work on my aging machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.