Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Ayup! It was one of my favorite games as a kid, and I recently started doing another run through of 1 + 2. I'm praying for another sequel. :)
I hope that doesn't happen, because the way Contract Jack was, it wasn't fitting to NOLF. Monolith is nowhere near it's prime at present, so another NOLF wouldn't be a good idea. But we all can dream :)

PS: sorry for going off-topic

N

NOLF92

I hope that doesn't happen, because the way Contract Jack was, it wasn't fitting to NOLF. Monolith is nowhere near it's prime at present, so another NOLF wouldn't be a good idea. But we all can dream :)

PS: sorry for going off-topic

I appreciate that logic. I don't think it's going to happen, but you never know. But yes, we're going off topic. Anyways, I've been playing around with Pale Moon x64, and I am just blown away at how tiny they managed to make the browser. Like 50 Mb's? As far as I know, WebRTC was also stripped, which is good because I was worried that they left that in there. CyberFox was the only other Firefox-type browser that I was intrigued by, but for some strange reason it runs a bit slow on my computer after a few minutes in operation. I still like my Flashpeak Slimjet, but I think I've found a very solid firefox alternative.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I appreciate that logic. I don't think it's going to happen, but you never know. But yes, we're going off topic. Anyways, I've been playing around with Pale Moon x64, and I am just blown away at how tiny they managed to make the browser. Like 50 Mb's? As far as I know, WebRTC was also stripped, which is good because I was worried that they left that in there. CyberFox was the only other Firefox-type browser that I was intrigued by, but for some strange reason it runs a bit slow on my computer after a few minutes in operation. I still like my Flashpeak Slimjet, but I think I've found a very solid firefox alternative.

Pale Moon is not only fast and fully customizable, it also has great privacy and a great community and forum support. It also will keep supporting full themes, a thing Firefox is about to drop.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since the votes currently on neck to neck between Google Chrome and Firefox, then we realize in such reality where many people prefer Chrome than Firefox because of performance and reliability.

Usually only enthusiastic users like us understand the strong points for Firefox other than customization and extension capability.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Since the votes currently on neck to neck between Google Chrome and Firefox, then we realize in such reality where many people prefer Chrome than Firefox because of performance and reliability.

Usually only enthusiastic users like us understand the strong points for Firefox other than customization and extension capability.

I think the difference is that even Firefox is trying to emulate Chrome now. With the UI and also the various features.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I think the difference is that even Firefox is trying to emulate Chrome now. With the UI and also the various features.
Firefox has been trying to emulate Firefox ever since they incorporated parts of the Chromium project into the Gecko engine.

Reactions: McLovin

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
There no such thing as a "best web browser" it's what works for people. I personally like Google Chrome as I can sync all my favourites to my phone and vise versa. Have had no problems with it. Let's say a computer doesn't have any custom browser, I tend to just use Internet Explorer.

A

Alkajak

Used Chrome for YEARS across my devices (both PC and smartphone). Loved the syncing feature.. and then I realised that I can easily save my bookmarks to an HTML file, and that there is no need to have all my favourites and bookmarks and browsing history attached to my personal Google account.

I've fallen in love with the Firefox UI since switching over and have not been able to go back. Chrome UI is just lackluster for me after using Firefox for a while. But my biggest reason for preferring FF over Chrome is that despite these benchmarks that loads of comparison sites and forums are posting about Chrome having the fastest startup time and loading time, I find it to be brutally slow. Even slower than Opera.

FF > Opera > Chrome

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Used Chrome for YEARS across my devices (both PC and smartphone). Loved the syncing feature.. and then I realised that I can easily save my bookmarks to an HTML file, and that there is no need to have all my favourites and bookmarks and browsing history attached to my personal Google account.

I've fallen in love with the Firefox UI since switching over and have not been able to go back. Chrome UI is just lackluster for me after using Firefox for a while. But my biggest reason for preferring FF over Chrome is that despite these benchmarks that loads of comparison sites and forums are posting about Chrome having the fastest startup time and loading time, I find it to be brutally slow. Even slower than Opera.

FF > Opera > Chrome
I couldn't agree more. The first browser I ever came to use was Mozilla Firefox, and although I have tried multiple other browsers, from Opera to SRWare Iron, and Maxthon to Chromodo, the one browser that I had always found reliable is Firefox, and it has proven its worth to me countless times.

My current preference is Cyberfox (Intel x64 version), which has amazed me in every way - from response time, to extended configuration options and greater customizability than the original Firefox.

Recently, Mozilla also launched a x64 version of Firefox as well, and it has been reported to run well on many systems.

Every browser or browser family has its advantages and disadvantages, but in the end it all comes down to the user's personal preference, and the user's experiences with the browser of his/her choice. (well said @McLovin!)

Reactions: McLovin and frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Maybe not the best but one to keep an eye on is Vivaldi. ;)

Download – Vivaldi
I have never tried Opera. Users say the GUI is somewhat like old opera.
I find Vivaldi good & for me it would be a refreshing change on GUI alone. Nowadays every new browser looks exactly like Chrome or Firefox.
And as said its good so the moment Vivaldi stable releases will replace Chrome on my system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@frogboy: I've run a test last two days but need to remove because of slowdown to open the browser + creating the tabs unlike Google Chrome and Opera where quick and responsive.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.