Advice Request Best Windows Task Manager?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

Attachments

• capture_03112018_145635.jpg
    capture_03112018_145635.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 517

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Hard to settle on one and just learn it for me. Process Explorer is great for the virustotal info and I like Killswitch too. I would like to pick one and start learning how to use it knowledgeably, but I have relied on Task Mgr for a long time. Hard to break a bad habit I guess.

What are the advantages of Process Hacker over Process Explorer? Also, remember System Explorer. That was one of the best apps for a long time. I remember when you could leave comments on every process, and SE kept a page for each one. Kinda feel like I should look at it again after I noticed it is still around here:

7 Task Management Tools that can Replace the Windows Task Manager • Raymond.CC

Looks like SE adds autoruns into the app. Still, VT in autoruns is what I have relied on...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's all a question of how much detail you need.
I use Windows Task Manager in windows 10 for most things, because it is easy to see basic info, it doesn't overwhelm me with all sorts of stats that I don't need or even understand.

D

Deleted member 65228

Process Explorer or Process Hacker.

Bear in mind, Process Hacker has a driver which is technically "vulnerable"; the driver can be used by external sources for malicious intent. However, malware could always come packed with it anyway. The driver could be abused to bypass AV self-defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.