Best & Worst Laptop Brands 2020

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Hi, I know Acer is not considered very good, but I am very happy with my Acer Aspire 315.
Same here. My ancient Acer Aspire 6930G has lasted way longer than I thought it would, twelve years in July with no significant issues during that time. A couple of the keys don't work properly and the keyboard in general requires more pressure than when new but apart from that pretty good. HD Sentinel reckons the HDD is perfect with around 800 days of life left. I know it's only a small sample but judging by the comments here people seem quite happy with the brand.

Intel_iRIS81

Level 1
Verified
Jun 7, 2016
My basic 2021 Acer Aspire 5 @ $500 is much more than I could ever ask for. $500 got me a 500GB NVME, 8GB which I upgraded to 16GB with a 15.6 inch 1080 screen on a 11th gen 1135G7 CPU. Aside from gaming and major video editing, etc. Its all anyone needs in performance. Its amazing build quality with aluminum frame, keyboard is excellent. And it hit 5000 multi on Cinebench last night. The score was reproduced and it floored me to be honest. I would highly recommend it to anyone who isn't video editing or gaming.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I have been a Windows guy many years. Last month I tried a Macbook pro. And now I go and wait until I have enough money to buy one. I swear I have never tried a computer that smooth and fast. Ever. I take some photos of it when I have got it to show you guys. :)
It's also because I have used Windows, so I'm curious about the Macs. We'll see.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.