Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
How the last Supernova (1054- Crab Nebula) was documented (Heinrich III sieht den neuen Stern über der Stadt Tivoli):

"And in those days a star of immense brightness appeared within the circle of the Moon a few days after its separation from the Sun."

2023-06-20 14_02_35-Window.png

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Have been hearing about it going potential supernova since 2020, but at that time it was the opposite. The brightness dimmed. Even I noticed it with my naked eye. Later, it was discovered that it was blocked by its own emitting gas cloud. Hopefully this recent research is accurate. I surely want to watch it go boom in my lifetime.
Well of course, if it's correct then it has already happened from its perspective approx 650 years ago but the light hasn't reached us yet.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
I read it as beatlejuice.

Beatlejuice beatlejuice beatlejuice

“Ah. Well, I attended Juilliard. I’m a graduate of Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I’ve seen the Exorcist 167 times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it. Not to mention the fact that you’re talking to a dead guy! Now, what do you think? You think I’m qualified?” - Beetlejuice

How the last Supernova (1054- Crab Nebula) was documented (Heinrich III sieht den neuen Stern über der Stadt Tivoli):

"And in those days a star of immense brightness appeared within the circle of the Moon a few days after its separation from the Sun."

View attachment 276372
Daaamn people were wicked tall back then.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Since arcnet when deployed in exoatmosphere protects Earth against any spatial object especially against the Boglodytes. Then could we resurrect the old Arcnet protocol and upload it to starlink in order to protect the Earth from the supernova? Just a thought.
For a supernova scenario like this there is really little we can do. The kill zone is around 150 light years in radius. One proposed solution for such a scenario would be to disassemble the moon and turn it into a physical shield between us and the nova.

Of course this scenario brings a lot of problems on its own like the technology required to do that, time to execute as we don't know how long ago the actual nova happened, how long it would take to accomplish, effects on Earth as the mass redistribution of the moon would completely change the ocean's behavior, for instance.

The greatest challenge of all would be convincing politicians that the race's survival would be actually worth the cost to do it.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
For a supernova scenario like this there is really little we can do. The kill zone is around 150 light years in radius. One proposed solution for such a scenario would be to disassemble the moon and turn it into a physical shield between us and the nova.

Of course this scenario brings a lot of problems on its own like the technology required to do that, time to execute as we don't know how long ago the actual nova happened, how long it would take to accomplish, effects on Earth as the mass redistribution of the moon would completely change the ocean's behavior, for instance.

The greatest challenge of all would be convincing politicians that the race's survival would be actually worth the cost to do it.
Ha look at this civilization still relaying on speed of light to tell them when things happened.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Sorry. We can move the Sol system 450 light years closer to Betelgeuse if you wish us to... But you explain to the local council about the unlicensed relocation....
You take care of the permits and I will arrange a Vogon construction fleet to move it.

Of course the best would be to employ The Borg due to their transwarp conduit technology but I am a stickler against all that assimilation BS that they keep preaching about.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.