Windows Built-in

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Would suggest backupping to eHDDs (external hard drives), in case of system / hardware crash or ransomware infection. Keep in mind to check for current infections when performing backup and don't leave the eHDD connected to the system (otherwise, viruses will spread out to it easily in case of infection).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as the OP updated the suggestions, however UAC must set to medium to high for better security.

Remember that the lowest setting may bypass some programs that needs indeed a privilege. On the other hand, have a backup for any cases.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Looks good.Just add Sandbox software (e.g.Shadow Defender-Paid,Sandboxie-Free/Paid,add extra browsers like Google Chrome,Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox for emergency scenario:)

N

Noxx

Looks good. Consider one more on-demand scanner such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Not required, but I do also recommend that people look into adding an anti-executable. Some good options include: NVT EXE Radar Pro, Voodooshield, APPGUARD. Thanks for sharing.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Not required, but I do also recommend that people look into adding an anti-executable. Some good options include: NVT EXE Radar Pro, Voodooshield, "APPGUARD". Thanks for sharing.
++1
Looks good.Just add Sandbox software (e.g.Shadow Defender-Paid,Sandboxie-Free/Paid)
++1

Both @Noxx and @Captain Awesome already mentioned my choice of software... an alternative System Image Backup Software like AOMEI and Macrium free.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good now with changes made.
I might consider some other system backup solution as well as a data backup
One or two more on demand scanners would not hurt either.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would consider adding Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free. Works very well with Avast. :) AOMEI Backupper is a good choice for making backups in case of a critical computer error.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.