Advice Request Binisoft Windows Firewall Control not showing requests

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I installed latest edition of binisoft on Windows 10 CU, and set it to recommended settings (block unless there is an allow rule).
It did not show requests for connections, so everything was blocked.
When I rebooted, it blocked essential Windows services, so Windows couldn't finish loading.
What did I do wrong?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I installed latest edition of binisoft on Windows 10 CU, and set it to recommended settings (block unless there is an allow rule).
It did not show requests for connections, so everything was blocked.
When I rebooted, it blocked essential Windows services, so Windows couldn't finish loading.
What did I do wrong?
You notification settings should look like this brother:
WFC_1.png

Then scroll down and compare here too:
WFC_2.png

And notice, that if a block rule already exists, the notification will "not" be shown, but for
all other instances it will. This is the config I run with and have had no issues with receiving
my notifications. Hope that helps. PeAcE
PS: you might want to go into Settings/ system/ notifications, and make sure WFC is allowed to display notifications, after some updates I have had to re-enable this. ;)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
View attachment 148503
View attachment 148504
And notice, that if a block rule already exists, the notification will "not" be shown, but for
all other instances it will. This is the config I run with and have had no issues with receiving
You saved my "Ghost"!

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
PS: you might want to go into Settings/ system/ notifications, and make sure WFC is allowed to display notifications, after some updates I have had to re-enable this. ;)
It's working.
The problem was that I didn't notice the "notifications" tab at first. Then I rebooted, and Windows couldn't load, and I freaked and hit the panic button.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
View attachment 148503
View attachment 148504
+1 CG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.