Crypto Opinions & News Bitcoin Value Drops by 50% since November Peak

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The value of Bitcoin continued to fall over the weekend as it dropped below $34,000 (£27,630), according to the Coinbase cryptocurrency exchange.

The world's largest cryptocurrency by market value has now fallen by 50% since its peak in November last year. The slide in the value of digital assets comes as stock markets around the world also dropped in recent days. On Monday, some Asian markets headed lower again with Japan's benchmark Nikkei index down by around 2%. Bitcoin accounts for about a third of the cryptocurrency market with a total value of $650bn. Ethereum, the second biggest cryptocurrency in the world, has also fallen in value, down by more than 10% in the last week.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Most likely will go to at least 29k (or even lower at around 22k ), the war in Ukraine and the inflation data are forcing central banks to take measures that devalue all assets (crypto and stocks).

3232.jpg

My opinion is that all these cryptoes are just money making machines for some powerful and rich people, common people get duped easily trying to make some quick and easy money.
Here is what Warren Buffet said about Bitcoin:
“If you said … for a 1% interest in all the farmland in the United States, pay our group $25 billion, I’ll write you a check this afternoon,” Buffett said. ”[For] $25 billion I now own 1% of the farmland. [If] you offer me 1% of all the apartment houses in the country and you want another $25 billion, I’ll write you a check, it’s very simple. Now if you told me you own all of the bitcoin in the world and you offered it to me for $25 I wouldn’t take it because what would I do with it? I’d have to sell it back to you one way or another. It isn’t going to do anything. The apartments are going to produce rent and the farms are going to produce food.”

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The price of one Bitcoin briefly fell below $27,000 on Thursday morning, the lowest price for the cryptocurrency since 2020. The world's leading virtual currency bounced back later in the day and now trades at $28,600. But that's still 20 percent below the price one week ago and 57 percent below last November's peak.

Bitcoin's fall is part of a broader cryptocurrency sell-off. Ethereum is currently down 8 percent over the last 24 hours and 28 percent over the last week. Additionally, Cardano (39 percent), Dogecoin (36 percent), and Litecoin (32 percent) have all fallen during the past week. Perhaps most alarming for the cryptocurrency world: The "stablecoin" Tether lost its peg to the US dollar early Thursday, briefly dipping to 96 cents. Tether is now trading at $1 once again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.