proxy.php.jpg

http://www.bitdefender.com/subscribetobeta/?sm_id=SMGlobal

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you signed up to any previous beta notifications, you should have received an email. Check the junk folder incase.

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
I have used Bitdefender for some time and found very few bugs, yeah there have been some but all AVs suffer from them. As to Comodo, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole - even if someone else was holding it, but we are all different, have different set-ups and prefer different things. If we didn't everyone would be using the same AVs, Os's, programs. ;)

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
I understand it, I had some problems with Comodo too (including some bluescreens) but BD (for me) is even worst. Some years ago I had found dozens of bugs (nothing serious) but, for example, I can't use the latest version because it increases my boot time a lot (from 2/3 seconds to 1 minute).

For me ESET is the best in terms of performance/bugs :) (Thank you @exterminator20).

I will try the new BD 2016 but I don't expect anything good, let's see if I'm wrong ;)

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
They acknowledged the boot time was a problem and now have a setting to turn it off, Windows 7 is back to its normal 20 or so seconds, win 8/8.1 is as instantaneous as it should be.

I understand your reluctance to use something that gave problems, I do the same. :p

Reactions: PVA_BR
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.