Status
Not open for further replies.

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
If the above post is aimed at me then, no sorry, I have been advised not to show any screenshots of the private beta. There is a possibility that the GUI may change before the public beta.
Access to the settings in Kaspersky Anti-Virus is much better than the AntiVirus Bit Defender.Please tell BitDefender management team.

143714960871251.png

143714980481181.png

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
@Microlab

I disagree as I have used both Bitdefender and Kaspersky, although there is little to choose between the two I prefer the Bitdefender GUI. As to the additions you ask for, they are already there -

Settings - from the down arrow at the bottom left of the GUI
My Bitdefender - from the big square window on the left, it is now referred to as Bitdefender Central
Support - from the top "three dots" dropdown which also gives some general settings and account information

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
Settings - from the down arrow at the bottom left of the GUI
My Bitdefender - from the big square window on the left, it is now referred to as Bitdefender Central
Support - from the top "three dots" dropdown which also gives some general settings and account information
If these settings will be more easily accessible on the home page.;)
The problem is that they are not easily available in the settings menu!:eek:

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
Hello

Comments about BitDefender AntiVirus is a new icon?

143879810334571.png

Last edited:

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Ugh, the interface is almost the same as the 2015 version but now even more convoluted, how they accomplished this is beyond me.
The firewall paranoia mode is gone too... (or am I just blind?), it also seems like IDS still isn't working under x64.

Will take a closer look at it in some days but it seems like it's a step backwards again, well done Bitdefender! We absolutely need a web-interface to scan our computers remotely, a password generator and password sync in this software, have you thought about including a mini-game, VoIP client and music player into it too?

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Paranoid mode is still there from the GUI top "3 dots" dropdown>General settings.

Reactions: Enju
R

Ray Redbad

Wow. The private beta blew in here (south west USA) at 60 Mbits/s from a Romanian server.

It took about 10 minutes to install on a clean-imaged Windows 7 SP1 x64 - E8400/G35 with 4GB PC2-6400 RAM and a 40GB PATA drive.

It turned off Windows Firewall and Defender OK and integrated into the Action Center. Self-activated for 120 days, too, tho this Windows 7 image only is good for 30 days. But that should be enough fun time.

Total Security 2016... So far, so good.

Reactions: Sloth and Microlab

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
It seems that the bitdefender toolbar is removed from the beta version...:(
I feel it convenient to switch the browser into bitdefender's sandbox with the toobar...

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
It was better too hips team BitDefender AntiVirus options add?:rolleyes:

PrMi

Level 3
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Sorry for bumping.
Now let's get started.
Every Beta has bugs and most of it are solved. Personally speaking, you can email the providers in-depth and get the bug fixed. They don't have so much time. They have to maintain the cloud and signatures. Give me time, they can fix everything. Now, as people say BD is buggy and they don't use it. I agree but that is not a valid reason to not use it. Lot of people use it and it is rated NO1. What's the reason behind that? It is good. It provides adequate and excellent protection. So as long as it does, bugs don't matter. Yes but if the bugs are serious and annoying like engine crashes every 10 times (which is never the case), the product shouldn't be used. But this isn't the case.. BD is a good product and provides great protection, so the bugs don't matter a lot.
Thanks I hope you understood me..

Reactions: ras74 and Rohugh
H

hjlbx

Sorry for bumping.
Now let's get started.
Every Beta has bugs and most of it are solved. Personally speaking, you can email the providers in-depth and get the bug fixed. They don't have so much time. They have to maintain the cloud and signatures. Give me time, they can fix everything. Now, as people say BD is buggy and they don't use it. I agree but that is not a valid reason to not use it. Lot of people use it and it is rated NO1. What's the reason behind that? It is good. It provides adequate and excellent protection. So as long as it does, bugs don't matter. Yes but if the bugs are serious and annoying like engine crashes every 10 times (which is never the case), the product shouldn't be used. But this isn't the case.. BD is a good product and provides great protection, so the bugs don't matter a lot.
Thanks I hope you understood me..

@PrMi, you are absolutely correct. I do not care about bugs... afterall, I use Comodo. :D

Anyhow, I do not use BD since it does not function properly on my specific W8.1 AMD system. There are quite a few critical issues...

Mirabela

Level 1
Apr 7, 2014
Hello all,

We're grateful that you took the time to test and come with so many suggestions. Thank you! It would be really awesome if you could submit the feedback from the Bitdefender Central option too.

We're looking forward to hear from you!

Reactions: Butterfly

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
12am ET I believe.

Ooops, that's the Windows 10 release for some, don't know about BD but hopefully before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.