Status
Not open for further replies.

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
I have used Bitdefender for some time and found very few bugs, yeah there have been some but all AVs suffer from them. As to Comodo, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole - even if someone else was holding it, but we are all different, have different set-ups and prefer different things. If we didn't everyone would be using the same AVs, Os's, programs. ;)
Hi,In 2015 Release, access the Settings menu and AntiVirus and scan too difficult.:(
The settings in Windows 64-bit ads Setings unstable:eek:. ITo access the Internet every time a user asks! This is boring. !!!o_O

We hope this has been fixed in version 2016 and access to the section settings is easier than ever before.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Let's see.. Bitdefender is the worst AV in terms of bugs.
Based on what report? Can you provide any actual evidential proof that it's the worst of all Antivirus software?

Early builds such as pre-alpha, beta and some RC builds contain many bugs, but even if public stable builds contain bugs, it's far less than before.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
@Huracan, as I said before I'm talking about my own experience with bitdefender products.

The first bitdefender product I had was bitdefender internet security V10, and that was the only version I had no problems. After that I was a bitdefender client for some time and I had too many problems. In less than 1 month I reported many bugs with their software. (I'm not talking about beta versions!)

Btw, you will find that I'm not the only one with this opinion if you search for bitdefender in another security forums ;)

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Btw, you will find that I'm not the only one with this opinion if you search for bitdefender in another security forums ;)

I have done that previously and other AV specific topics or the AV site themselves are all full of complaints. People love to complain ;), or post if they are having trouble to try to find a solution. The majority who use a product and have no problems very rarely post, even to help or in defense of a specific AV.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Huracan, as I said before I'm talking about my own experience with bitdefender products.

The first bitdefender product I had was bitdefender internet security V10, and that was the only version I had no problems. After that I was a bitdefender client for some time and I had too many problems. In less than 1 month I reported many bugs with their software. (I'm not talking about beta versions!)

Haven't seen any figures to point out the number of bugs in Bitdefender compared to other Antivirus software.

You had an issue with a newer version of Bitdefender, where before you didn't. That automatically makes Bitdefender the worst offender?

Was this before or after the major re-branding?

Let's see.. Your comments were posted within a Beta product thread. Warning: You will experience bugs in Bitdefender 2016 Beta. ;)

Reactions: Kent and Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It's very true, every system is different, the set p, applications installed - Bitefender, Kaspersky etc., cannot possibly try out every configuration in their labs, what works for me may blue screen another. Even the best experience bugs and glitches, Comodo needs to lengthen their beta testing period(s) from 3-4 weeks to 3-4 months. Even the Mods state that on numerous occasions.

Reactions: JD15

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Haven't seen any figures to point out the number of bugs in Bitdefender compared to other Antivirus software.

You had an issue with a newer version of Bitdefender, where before you didn't. That automatically makes Bitdefender the worst offender?

Was this before or after the major re-branding?

Let's see.. Your comments were posted within a Beta product thread. Warning: You will experience bugs in Bitdefender 2016 Beta. ;)

Again, you don't understand what is the mean of "in my opinion".

For me, BD is the worst in terms of bugs (Comodo is a bug fest too). Every single version since de V10 gave me problems, different systems. What do you want me to say?

V10 was in 2008 +/- ;)

Reactions: Koroke San

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Sorry I was not even replying to your comments directly, just the overall-jest of the replies.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
hp.jpg

http://www.bitdefender.com/beta/

Reactions: vivid and Sloth

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@MTUser The Public Beta begins in 2 weeks, and runs for at least a month.

Alongside Bitdefender for Windows, Mac and Android there is also Bitdefender Central:
Bitdefender Central is a brand new security hub. It gives you a complete overview of your devices, including security and subscription status. Additionally, you can take remote actions and receive important notification right in your dashboard.
http://www.bitdefender.com/beta/

Reactions: Sloth

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
^ Did you try it? How is it?
So far so good. There are still some things that need to be sorted and one or two minor bugs but nothing too bad. The GUI is similar the the 2015 one with a few bits moved around but the "My Bitdefender" Dashboard has been redesigned.

Reactions: Sloth

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
RAM usage:
screenshot_5.png

Nothing open here. Just installed. Would most likely go down but is installed in a VM. Not willing to put time into BD at this time.

I didn't notice anything new excluding this boxed item in this screenshot:

screenshot_8.png

The installation process is faster than previous versions and that is saying something since I don't give my VM's anywhere near the resources my host has (my host is where I normally tested Bitdefender).

Also, some might miss the link to sign up/sign in to download the beta. This is the direct link to get it: https://beta.central.bitdefender.com/

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
Hello Mr. Rohugh :)

Please add the following settings to the homepage to 2016.

1- my Bitdefender
2-Settings
3-Supports

143714886236421.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.