BitDefender 2016 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
I'm just curious how everyone is doing with this beta. Can we have a high-score, yet?
Reported by now : 48 bugs

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
Works OK for me, very few problems. Updates are due on the 11th so we will see if they have sorted out the bugs. :)

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
I noticed that critical issues were not confirmed but resolved in new version. That's very strange. I blame the high numbers for now but if it continues (until 31 August) then the contest is a scam to me. :oops:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
RAM usage:
screenshot_5.png

Nothing open here. Just installed. Would most likely go down but is installed in a VM. Not willing to put time into BD at this time.

I didn't notice anything new excluding this boxed item in this screenshot:

screenshot_8.png

The installation process is faster than previous versions and that is saying something since I don't give my VM's anywhere near the resources my host has (my host is where I normally tested Bitdefender).

Also, some might miss the link to sign up/sign in to download the beta. This is the direct link to get it: https://beta.central.bitdefender.com/

i have suggested all major security vendors to make such folder protection tools.
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=57916

it seems bitdefender listened to it.

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
Hello

BitDefender interface design is very bad:(. Access to menus is harder:eek:. And non-transactional code modules AntiVirus is included on the first page!
BitDefender better emergency management applications such as antivirus, Safe Pay, update, parental control and other items on the menu on the home page instead Tools:)

Just like the following:

14405116165571.png

Items profiles better antivirus settings for a performance modules.Quick Scan option on the first page there is virtually no applications!o_O In general, badly designed interface and is simple and efficient as before!:mad:Settings menu on the home page does not exist! Weird !!!:(
Please report to BitDefender developers. Thank you;)

Reactions: Piteko21

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
@Microlab What options are listed under the drop-down user (top right)?
Instead there were better options user profile useful for the "event" were given the option.Profile options in the default configuration settings are best placed in a state that unfortunately this is not so!

Transferred to the settings menu drop-down list at the top and work hard for the user.:eek:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Microlab : Well in such interface, sometimes its better to go on likely unique and minimal style; there's no any standardize arrangement but still your feedback is valid as part of beta process. ;)

Reactions: Microlab

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
@Microlab : Well in such interface, sometimes its better to go on likely unique and minimal style; there's no any standardize arrangement but still your feedback is valid as part of beta process. ;)
Interfaces and configurations, the 2015 edition is bad.The main access to the various settings are hard!:(
The proposed interface slave is better than the present. The main menus are available as user.Hope interface, version 2016 is easier and better than before.;)

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
Something like this ? @Microlab

That's my own concept.
Exactly, yes.This setting is a good plan. Easy access to updates and antivirus scanning and events and settings.:)
Applied important parts should be on the home page and the rest of the panel;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT

Microlab

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 6, 2014
hi

I think about adding a widget for Windows BitDefender should be removed. It may slow down the computer because there is so little widget application.:cool:

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
hi

I think about adding a widget for Windows BitDefender should be removed. It may slow down the computer because there is so little widget application.:cool:

I am sure that can be disabled, and since it doesn't really on the Microsoft Gadget platform, there's no risk in using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.