Bitdefender 2017 final is here

Will you try a Bitdefender 2017 product?

• Yes, I will install the 30 days trial

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Yes, I will buy a Bitdefender 2017 product

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No, I will not try Bitdefender 2017

Votes: 37 48.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
my 2016 had 37 days left, and yes it saw my key and activated, I renewed because BD sends me some exclusive offers
because of how long I have used them. But yes it should brother.
I am presently running BDTS 2017 on top of ReHIPS -- strange but true -- and it looks like it works.

Darlene

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
@dmzbg79 you were right about the heavy startup time. I am using the same bitdefender settings for years (including scan boot sectors and protection at boot for randsomware) but this time the startup time is pretty long, included with a black screen. I did not experienced it in the beta though :(

Even scan "netw ork" shares is still spelled wrong after reporting it, some tools are not working but did in the beta. I am slightly disappointed in the release after all the feedback I gave, but I am used to that and not the only one complaining about it :p

Last edited:

Darlene

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
@shmu26

Capture.PNG

Darlene

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
Well the thing about bitdefender is that there is not much to tweak. I Just disabled autopilot, running shield in aggressive mode, made exclusions for malwarebytes anti-exploit, denied remote desktop connections and added some protected folders in the ransomeware module.

Boot duration before bitdefender was 24 seconds now it is 43,5 seconds :(

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Well the thing about bitdefender is that there is not much to tweak. I Just disabled autopilot, running shield in aggressive mode, made exclusions for malwarebytes anti-exploit, denied remote desktop connections and added some protected folders in the ransomeware module.

Boot duration before bitdefender was 24 seconds now it is 43,5 seconds :(
boot duration is a bug. It didn't used to be that way.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone using a Bitdefender with remote wipe capabilities be careful. The minute your info get exposed they can wipe your machine and Bitdefender doesn't seem to have any 2 step authentication going on.

dmzbg79

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 28, 2014
I have noticed,that the firewall in this new version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 is asking too many questions...:D

Reactions: SHvFl

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
You can avoid the slow start up by disabling the early boot scan from the AV module. My computers now start at the same speed as they do with no antivirus. I have never noticed slow shutdown with BD.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You can avoid the slow start up by disabling the early boot scan from the AV module. My computers now start at the same speed as they do with no antivirus. I have never noticed slow shutdown with BD.
actually, I was not suffering from slow start at first, until I customized the AV settings. But then when I went back to default, the slow start did not go away!

I guess if I cared enough, I would do a reinstall...

Reactions: SHvFl

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
Anyone using a Bitdefender with remote wipe capabilities be careful. The minute your info get exposed they can wipe your machine and Bitdefender doesn't seem to have any 2 step authentication going on.
Unless you log in using Facebook/Google/Windows - which should have 2Factor Authentication. That's what I do.

Like @SHvFl pointed out...vulnerable login credentials puts your device at risk if (or when) your BitDefender account gets compromised.

My opinions on Bitdefender 2017...it can be configured a little bit easier. A little bit better in some ways, a little bit difficult in some ways. Just because it looks more robofied... if Ransomware Protection, despite fears of False Positives... are not accurately tweaked and enabled right at the start, then BitDefender loses its worth, its value and its reputation as an "Install and Forget".

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Unless you log in using Facebook/Google/Windows - which should have 2Factor Authentication. That's what I do.

Like @SHvFl pointed out...vulnerable login credentials puts your device at risk if (or when) your BitDefender account gets compromised.

My opinions on Bitdefender 2017...it can be configured a little bit easier. A little bit better in some ways, a little bit difficult in some ways. Just because it looks more robofied... if Ransomware Protection, despite fears of False Positives... are not accurately tweaked and enabled right at the start, then BitDefender loses its worth, its value and its reputation as an "Install and Forget".
Ok i didn't know you could do that. I made a Bitdefender account for testing. At least there are option then. Thanks for correcting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.