Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
Bitdefender Beta 2018

Known Bugs

1. On-boarding messages are displayed again after product update
  2. File Shredder notification texts are not displayed before update
  3. Product Desktop shortcut remains after uninstall
  4. Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge aren’t blocked to use webcam when Block browsers setting is ON
  5. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are detected as Windows Store apps even if they are desktop versions of the applications
  6. In Advanced Threat Defense, long paths are already snipped
  7. In Advanced Threat Defense applications are monitored even when the product is expired
  8. Learn more link in Webcam protection can’t be clicked
  9. Links in What’s new screen can’t be clicked

anonymous1xx1

Level 2
Verified
May 9, 2014
i download it but it download as 2017 version although i pressed on join beta now so can someone help me ?

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
they changed the antivirus settings, there are no more settings like before( the normal and aggressive setting for the scanner) it is now one setting which you can not change it to more aggresive. the resource usage is the same as before, there is webcam protection, and a new defense mechanism which I think is why they removed the aggressive option for virus scanner since there are now more defensive layers

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
i download it but it download as 2017 version although i pressed on join beta now so can someone help me ?
please, when you test a software read the guide or documentation that the company provides. in the beta guide, they said that you should update the software after you installed it. after update, you should restart the system.

fredwerk

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
Hi guys, I am currently paying for the 2017 version on PC and Mac, if I update to the 2018 beta version, will it auto update to the final release or will I need to uninstall and/or pay more for the 2018 version?

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
Hi guys, I am currently paying for the 2017 version on PC and Mac, if I update to the 2018 beta version, will it auto update to the final release or will I need to uninstall and/or pay more for the 2018 version?
You don't have to pay more. In av industry upgrades are always free, except with norton in the past. But about the final release, it depends on the company, many times a clean install is recommended.

Reactions: fredwerk

anonymous1xx1

Level 2
Verified
May 9, 2014
while i was watching review of bitdefender 2018 beta i watched this option which does not apper in my 2018 beta product can someone explain please?

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    112.3 KB · Views: 516
  • 111.PNG
    111.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 470

Durden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
while i was watching review of bitdefender 2018 beta i watched this option which does not apper in my 2018 beta product can someone explain please?
Are you sure you've updated the product to 2018 ?
And if so.. did you restart the computer ?

Reactions: anonymous1xx1

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Aside from the above questions, are you using Windows 10?

I think that option is for AntiMalware Scan Interface (AMSI) present in Windows 10. But, of course, this is just a guess. That's why I'm asking whether you're using Windows 10 or not. :)

anonymous1xx1

Level 2
Verified
May 9, 2014
Aside from the above questions, are you using Windows 10?

I think that option is for AntiMalware Scan Interface (AMSI) present in Windows 10. But, of course, this is just a guess. That's why I'm asking whether you're using Windows 10 or not. :)
thank you , iam actually using windows 7 x64

Are you sure you've updated the product to 2018 ?
And if so.. did you restart the computer ?
thank you , yes its 2018 beta and i restarted my computer

Attachments

• 11111.PNG
    11111.PNG
    72.3 KB · Views: 501
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Durden and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.