Advice Request Bitdefender 2019 RAM Usage

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Thread author
A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Normally, it is in the 300 to 500 MB range, but it can spike. Recently hovering a lot in the 450 to 500 MB zone.

Below it is 610 but increased to as high as 630 MB.

Cap1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Normal is around 350MB all processes together and no clue why yours climbed so much.
Maybe latest updates made it not 1803 user-friendly as I know they had to fix some read/write issues.

gTZVpfX.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@tonibalas - Only problem I had was on the install. I had to do the Limbo, then a Texas 2-step. Now that the dancing is done, no problems.

Edit: Very fast browsing. It may be that I don't put too much demand on my machine, or that my expectations are not high. So far, the only thing that beats it is Cylance.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
When i installed it i didn't had any problem with the installation, it went very smooth.
But the updates and constant scanning eventually had an impact in performance so i had to put it aside for a while until
improvements where made to the product.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.