Bitdefender 2019 version will be available for download on July 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
With firewall activate i have a slow Internet connection,what is the best settings?

MoriartyOW

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 8, 2018
With firewall activate i have a slow Internet connection,what is the best settings?
in firewall settings, change network adapter from dynamic to home/office + turn off port scan detection and stealth mode ( and also turn your router firewall on).

Reactions: RoboMan

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
in firewall settings, change network adapter from dynamic to home/office + turn off port scan detection and stealth mode ( and also turn your router firewall on).
But this change is make system vulnerable ?

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Some users in their forum with this settings activate stil have a speed better than me,I guess it's the windows 10 build 17713.1002 problem,I tried all the possibilities,only with turn off port scan detection and stealth mode i have good speed

MoriartyOW

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 8, 2018
Some users in their forum with this settings activate stil have a speed better than me,I guess it's the windows 10 build 17713.1002 problem,I tried all the possibilities,only with turn off port scan detection and stealth mode i have good speed
speed in browsing or downloading ? cause bitdefender2019 has some problems with downloading.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
try to unistall the bitdefender. if there was no diffrence then its not from bitdefender.
only with turn off port scan detection and stealth mode i have good speed , unistall Total Security and now i have Internet Security,the same symptoms
I see now in their forum bitdefender is incopatible with latest windows insiders build (17713.1002) for port scan detection and stealth mode module in firewall

Last edited:

Mitronix477

Level 1
Verified
Sep 25, 2017
By default antivirus companies don't guarantee full functionality while installed on BETA operating systems. The systems are unstable and may cause antivirus solutions, normal programs and even Microsoft Store apps to crash, display content incorrectly, and so on.

As an example, the vast majority of users who are on Insider builds and use Bitdefender(or any other antivirus solution for that matter) have a lot of problems with it, while in comparison, the ones on final OS versions, have little to no issues at all.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I've given up on BDTS. Bought a license last year for my home PCs. Activated it 2 weeks back after my Norton Premium subs gave me renewal prompts.

The internet connection latency problem has reduced but the longstanding bug remains unresolved. No amount of tweaking those firewall settings have helped. Other than this issue it's a pretty good product. Would I recommend BDTS? Nopes. If there is one thing I cannot stand it is an application increasing lag in my 'net connectivity. It is only after uninstalling it and moving to an alternative solution (good ol' WD + the Windows Firewall, Norton, Kaspersky) that one begins to appreciate the return to normalcy in site loading and response times.

No point contacting BD Support. Their standard copy/paste reply is to refer me to this page: My Internet is slow

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I don't like Bitdefender at all. My ISP offers BIS 1 year/3 devices for just 5 ILS = $1.5 and this won't seduce me. It is heavy, at least for me!

Reactions: brambedkar59

Justiin Sayep

Oct 4, 2018
For our home network, we had problems getting one of our computers access a network (shared) drive on the other computer using Bitdefender's firewall. Our work-around was to disable the Bitdefender firewall and use the Windows firewall instead. No problems after that.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
The Best Antivirus Software 2018

The Best Antivirus Softwares
There is plenty of room at the top when it comes to antiviruses. Fantastic offerings from Kaspersky, Webroot, AVG and more make the task of declaring a winner difficult. Still, there’s an antivirus that made its way into four rounds in this guide, more than any other provider.​
From its easy-to-use interface to its excellent protection score, Bitdefender is our best antivirus software. We especially like the quick actions you can configure in the UI and Bitdefender Central, a browser interface for managing all your devices.​

Not an endorsement. Just passing along BitD info.

Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.