Bitdefender 2020 Released

P

Pkjfkknm

Fresh windows install just for BD? Make no sense. So what is going to happen after 2 months or more when you install all kind of stuff on system? Fresh install again?
Can you imagine if all software were designed that way?

it is not just bd
windows is not designed for continous installs uninstalls reinstalls of softs
doing that causes various system corruptions that eventually cause problems
just because people can constantly change their systems does not mean that is how windows was intended to be used
windows was never intended for that kind of use - which is abuse

There is no way I will do a fresh install of Windows just to cater to the needs of a particular piece of software!

it has to be done by many just to get windows 10 to update properly
so windows itself is a big problem itself
problems with 3rd party software is compounded by people who abuse their os by not using it the way it was intended to be used

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I haven't reinstalled Windows (or reset it) on any friends and family. Now we're up to 20 installs I have done for them. BD is running perfectly so far for them all. Panda Dome Advanced ran out, BD2020 hit the streets, the reports are awesome, test results (mine) are awesome. So we're rolling with it now for friends/family.

Android App is excellent as well, as a bonus.

elquenunca

Level 3
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
Well, I have installed it without having done a clean installation of windows and it is perfect. The previous version 2019 was already going well but this version 2020 bitdefender total security has surprised me it has returned to be the best security suite at least for me I'm excited
translated by google forgive the inconvenience

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just installed it, and you guys are right, it is fast.
Question: does BD have cloud lookup, and if so, how can I check if it is working right?
I have content filtering at the ISP level, and the filter is overly vigilant, so I am always paranoid that it is blocking something. For instance, when I tried out Kaspersky, it was blocking Kaspersky Security Network, until I complained. So how can I make sure it's not blocking BD? Updates are working.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Question: does BD have cloud lookup, and if so, how can I check if it is working right?
I have content filtering at the ISP level, and the filter is overly vigilant, so I am always paranoid that it is blocking something. For instance, when I tried out Kaspersky, it was blocking Kaspersky Security Network, until I complained. So how can I make sure it's not blocking BD? Updates are working.
I hear Game of Thrones is hot. Torrent with abandon! But, on a serious note, it would be nice if vendors had mechanisms in place to let you know these things were working. Are we supposed to just assume they are? With an ISP like yours that is quite concerning.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I hear Game of Thrones is hot. Torrent with abandon! But, on a serious note, it would be nice if vendors had mechanisms in place to let you know these things were working. Are we supposed to just assume they are? With an ISP like yours that is quite concerning.
I know where to check for it in Kaspersky...
Another question: can I allow standard users (i.e., myself) to access the settings?

tsunami

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2018

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I know where to check for it in Kaspersky...
Another question: can I allow standard users (i.e., myself) to access the settings?
Not to get too off topic. But, if you have it enabled in Kaspersky and it doesn’t have a connection it doesn’t pop a warning? Even if BD also has a similar way to check, a warning at least after an extended disconnect would be a bit more reassuring than knowing you have to check to make sure it’s working.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Not to get too off topic. But, if you have it enabled in Kaspersky and it doesn’t have a connection it doesn’t pop a warning? Even if BD also has a similar way to check, a warning at least after an extended disconnect would be a bit more reassuring than knowing you have to check to make sure it’s working.

Eset does warn you if connection lost to LiveGrid servers

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.