Bitdefender 2020 Released

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
Well, i checked 2020 version and boot time is much better, but RAM Usage after scanning not surprising me. Before this i had 38% used RAM, after scanning: 59%. It's too much. Developers must work on it to make a product better.
Well, i checked 2020 version and boot time is much better, but RAM Usage after scanning not surprising me. Before this i had 38% used RAM, after scanning: 59%. It's too much. Developers must work on it to make a product better.

Why are you worried about memory? Many manufacturers hide the real memory used by the software. And anyway, memory is the fastest, this is an advantage, information is accessing much faster. If you have enough memory, try to cover it. Do not fight to have as little as possible. Not in 2019.
Keep that in mind.

Attachments

• Photon.JPG
    Photon.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 355

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Scanning (like scanning an attached USB drive) does significantly slow down the overall performance.
I experienced the same thing, its very slow in deleting / detecting malware , or virusses.
The RAM usage spiked. If i compare to my normal use AV , thats so fast in detecting and cleaning.
This is the reason i uninstalled BD 2020 immediately.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Anyway, I can confirm that Bitdefender team take ages to add a sample to their signatures. I have reported a sample to many vendors and Eset was the first one to add the detection then comes Dr.Web . Bitdefender and Avira still have not added the detection even after more than 9 hours of submission. Sorry I have gone off-topic

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I experienced the same thing, its very slow in deleting / detecting malware , or virusses.
The RAM usage spiked. If i compare to my normal use AV , thats so fast in detecting and cleaning.
This is the reason i uninstalled BD 2020 immediately.

No offense but... Under normal use, how often do you think an AV, on the average desktop will be detecting and deleting malware? Once a month? Once a year? Never? So why would a spike in ram use be a problem under normal use? It wouldn't. Folks need to understand you were probably running it on a underpowered VM and in a test environment hammering it with malware. Not a normal use situation at all.

I used to hate Bit Defender. They've done everything right with 2020 from what I can see and have experienced.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Every year I give Bitdefender a try to see how it has improved and I almost always immediately uninstall it because of network slowdown, surprisingly this 2020 release has fixed this annoying problem for me, so I can confirm what @ForgottenSeer 58943 said about the firewall.

The product is running fantastic on my machine, very low system usage and everything is blazing fast; I am loving the simplicity and the auto pilot feature, it is refreshing to see a security solution that you dont need to keep babysitting it.

I think Bitdefender is a excellent alternative for Norton lovers, it has the same ease to use style with great online dashboard plus a better offline protection and false positive rates.

The only thing that is keeping me for giving it a perfect score is some "bug" with Firefox; I am experiencing a very slow first TLS handshake (5 ~ 10 seconds) to connect to a website, after this initial slowdown ("Performing a TLS handshake" ) the browsing is fast and this behavior wont occur until the next Firefox restart.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Every year I give Bitdefender a try to see how it has improved and I almost always immediately uninstall it because of network slowdown, surprisingly this 2020 release has fixed this annoying problem for me, so I can confirm what @ForgottenSeer 58943 said about the firewall.

The product is running fantastic on my machine, very low system usage and everything is blazing fast; I am loving the simplicity and the auto pilot feature, it is refreshing to see a security solution that you dont need to keep babysitting it.

I think Bitdefender is a excellent alternative for Norton lovers, it has the same ease to use style with great online dashboard plus a better offline protection and false positive rates.

The only thing that is keeping me for giving it a perfect score is some "bug" with Firefox; I am experiencing a very slow first TLS handshake (5 ~ 10 seconds) to connect to a website, after this initial slowdown ("Performing a TLS handshake" ) the browsing is fast and this behavior wont occur until the next Firefox restart.

I disable HTTPS scanning in all AV's, including Bit Defender. It fixes that problem straight away. I do not like my AV's using installed CA's to scan HTTPS.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm loving the product. But I still manage to find that weird website blocking issue. Random sites are blacklisted as dangerous or it just says connection insecure and refuses to connect unless manually allow.

This is the problem I experienced when I used the Free version in December, blocking very familiar websites out of the blue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.