9178.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
....ok, this thread has been derailed long enough...

Bitdefender Browser Isolation defeats attacks by monitoring memory for attack techniques
Bitdefender, a global cybersecurity leader protecting over 500 million systems across 150 countries, announced availability of Bitdefender Browser Isolation. Creating a virtual air-gap between end-user systems and the web, it ensures attackers cannot gain a foothold or escape the execution environment of virtualized browsers.

Did I miss this when I recently trialed Bit 2020?

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Oh.... well so much for consumer grade browser isolation.

But.......

1564769522109.png

What do you perceive as the primary threat to your devices for the year ahead? Most people are now fairly self-aware to be wary of phishing attempts and illegitimate websites, while basic security software will prevent you from accidentally installing malicious software.
Bitdefender 2020 is now available and it’s designed to protect you from one of the threats you can’t monitor: cyberbullies. A brand new "Detection of Cyberbullying and Online Predators" feature will scan conversations for inappropriate requests....

I need this.

You see... as I go around, often supermodels and other hot chicks are texting me asking for inappropriate photos... It's just so wrong.

This will cut it off and shut it down.

Thank you Bitdefender.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I'm done with BD 2020. F-Secure and Dr. Web are better.

Indeed, "Bug Defender" has you covered....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)
Come on mate. If BD works flawlessly for person A, that person can keep it as long as it's working properly. I don't consider any kind of test to be a real world scenario. In real life, you won't have a folder of malware and execute it. BD has a good web filter. Who knows it may block the samples from downloading and ATC alone can stop about 75-80% of threats. In my PC, BD is causing some problems and giving BSOD. That's why I removed it.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Come on mate. If BD works flawlessly for person A, that person can keep it as long as it's working properly. I don't consider any kind of test to be a real world scenario. In real life, you won't have a folder of malware and execute it. BD has a good web filter. Who knows it may block the samples from downloading and ATC alone can stop about 75-80% of threats. In my PC, BD is causing some problems and giving BSOD. That's why I removed it.
I never said people don't have to use it....I am merely saying that for me and many others it has been a bug fest!I am just stating my personal opinion!:)
BD has a good web filter.
So do many other solutions.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
In my PC, BD is causing some problems and giving BSOD
I had the same issue and...
Firewall not holding user created rules
Messing with Steam updates
Uninstall issues
Throttling internet speed

I wish they could iron out these issues because the product could be very solid!!

You missed my point friend. I tried to tell you that these tests are not a proper reproduction of the capabilities of any product. Yes it does review the products to a certain extent but they are not 100% accurate.
I agree with you on this..Sorry if I came across differently :emoji_beer:

mouselette

Feb 18, 2019
I had the same issue and...
Firewall not holding user created rules
Messing with Steam updates
Uninstall issues
Throttling internet speed

I wish they could iron out these issues because the product could be very solid!!

I agree with you on this..Sorry if I came across differently :emoji_beer:

I'm not finding any issues on my machines so far. In fact as a direct comparison; Bitdefender 2020, albeit with higher RAM use (on 32GB machines sits at around 380mb to 450mb), it feels less performance impacting that Eset, and significantly less than Sophos Home. Subjective i know but just what it feels like as an end user so far.

Previously 2018 was a disaster on my machines with issues you identidied being common, and thought i'd try again and it seems far superior this time around.

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
Still use Bitdefender. Almost 2 weeks now and its still fast. No slowdowns, no bugs whatsoever. Buyed a 1 year key. Voodoo + bitdefender av, my combo for this year :) Rock solid, light and doesnt annoys me with endless popups (dont install software often so voodooshield just sits quit back doing nothing) By the way after 2 weeks of use bitdefender's ram: Thats more than fair for a av program in 2019. :) Sometimes it even goes below 150

Unbenannt.PNG

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've just installed a 90 day trial of BDTS 2020. So far I'm impressed, the install process was the smoothest I've seen from BD. No asking me to uninstall on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes, no software compatibility issues, it's running smooth and the UI is nice and tidy. KIS is always going to be my go to security software, but BDTS 2020 certainly seems like an improved product from past versions.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I've just installed a 90 day trial of BDTS 2020. So far I'm impressed, the install process was the smoothest I've seen from BD. No asking me to uninstall on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes, no software compatibility issues, it's running smooth and the UI is nice and tidy. KIS is always going to be my go to security software, but BDTS 2020 certainly seems like an improved product from past versions.

I'll be interested in your future reports on this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.