Bitdefender 2020 Released

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I never said people don't have to use it....I am merely saying that for me and many others it has been a bug fest!I am just stating my personal opinion!:)

So do many other solutions.
I'm sure if anyone is test out a lot of security programs like us at MT. when will test Bitdefender will surely find problems and choose any other program

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
After 2 weeks of use i just noticed a bug. The option in windows "Show hidden files/folders" does not seems to work anymore. Never had this problem because i use this functions every time. Pretty sure its because of bitdefender. But its not a deal breaker. Not a bug for me to uninstall the product. Im still impressd and will write the support about this bug. Can anyone confirm?

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
After 2 weeks of use i just noticed a bug. The option in windows "Show hidden files/folders" does not seems to work anymore. Never had this problem because i use this functions every time. Pretty sure its because of bitdefender. But its not a deal breaker. Not a bug for me to uninstall the product. Im still impressd and will write the support about this bug. Can anyone confirm?
I haven't got this bug, yet. But if I do it will be a deal breaker for me. I won't allow third party security software to block me using Windows functions with no way to get said functions back. Are you sure this problem is with BD though?

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I haven't got this bug, yet. But if I do it will be a deal breaker for me. I won't allow third party security software to block me using Windows functions with no way to get said functions back. Are you sure this problem is with BD though?
I had the same issue when i had BD2020 installed ( removed it without any regret )

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
I had the same issue when i had BD2020 installed ( removed it without any regret )
Thx to confirm its bit related. Alrdy wrote a ticket. will post the answer here when i get one.
Unbenannt.PNG

pretty sure. I use this functions many years and never ever had any bug with it on any windows version. happend after using bitdefender. Alrdy wrote the support. Lets see what they have to say.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
This happens every time Bitdefender detects a malware on your PC. This is a 8 years old bug and many users has been reporting to them since 2011 and they still haven't and can't fix this. The only solution is to restart the system. Bugdefender indeed.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It's a known bug. I have it too. I think it's related to scans, since mostly everytime I scan my PC this bugs shows up. Anyways, restarts fixes it. And BitDefender Support even has a thread for that explaining you need to restart, so I guess they don't know how to fix it? Lol. Anyways, not a big deal like you mentioned.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've just received a product update for BDTS that obviously required a restart. I don't know if this update is new or if I've only just received said update because BDTS 2020 has only been installed for a couple of days. Still running smoothly at the moment.

Capture.PNG

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I've just received a product update for BDTS that obviously required a restart. I don't know if this update is new or if I've only just received said update because BDTS 2020 has only been installed for a couple of days. Still running smoothly at the moment.

View attachment 220219

This is a new update, it pumped the version from 24.0.3.15 to 24.0.6.26; I received it yesterday on my Windows 7 machine and some hours ago in my Windows 10.

I didnt find the changelog yet ...

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
So... this just happened. I tried to uninstall BitDefender, and though the best idea to ensure product removal would be BitDefender Official Uninstaller downloaded from their site.

It threw an error. "Uninstalling finished with errors, contact support" LOL. The product is gone and cannot be launched. The system is slow after reboot. Still, searches have the secure check by BitDefender, meaning it is still active!

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
So... this just happened. I tried to uninstall BitDefender, and though the best idea to ensure product removal would be BitDefender Official Uninstaller downloaded from their site.

It threw an error. "Uninstalling finished with errors, contact support" LOL. The product is gone and cannot be launched. The system is slow after reboot. Still, searches have the secure check by BitDefender, meaning it is still active!
did you try control panel uninstaller before using the official removal tool?
I think using regular method is a must before using the tool
+ disable self-protection/defense before removal

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
did you try control panel uninstaller before using the official removal tool?
I think using regular method is a must before using the tool
+ disable self-protection/defense before removal
Uninstalling shouldn't be so hard tbh. Why can't everybody be like ESET & Emsisoft! This two always completely remove their product perfectly without requiring a separate uninstallation tool let alone all this hard work.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Uninstalling shouldn't be so hard tbh. Why can't everybody be like ESET & Emsisoft! This two always completely remove their product perfectly without requiring a separate uninstallation tool let alone all this hard work.
Eset does leave a couple leftovers if you don’t use their uninstall tool. Just dormant folders. I didn’t even realize they were there till I ran the tool to just try it before testing Sophos Home. I wouldn’t run it again unless I ran into issues.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018

Going for other AV ?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Bit Defender and Symantec/Norton are known for hideous uninstallers. Even Revo can't salvage them at times. I've had to do a windows reset on a Symantec box that was so contaminated even manual removal wasn't possible.

It really makes these companies look bad when they can't even handle uninstalling their own stuff. But it does make me appreciate products with well scripted uninstallers and validations of uninstall.

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
Bit Defender and Symantec/Norton are known for hideous uninstallers. Even Revo can't salvage them at times. I've had to do a windows reset on a Symantec box that was so contaminated even manual removal wasn't possible.

It really makes these companies look bad when they can't even handle uninstalling their own stuff. But it does make me appreciate products with well scripted uninstallers and validations of uninstall.
never understand why so much avs or programs in general leave so much behind. its not like bit and norton are the only ones. Almost every av i used in my life let things behind on windows. Same as cleaners, shouldnt they clean windows? Yet they leave junk behind when uninstalling. Is it realy that hard to program a good uninstall routine? Im not techy enough but realy want to know if the programmers are just to lazy to care.

For not off topic: got the Bitdefender update too today. Seems like no changelogs are avaiable atm? after restart, everything is smooth as before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.