Update Bitdefender Antivirus Free 2016 Final released for Windows

Discussion in 'Bitdefender' started by adnage19, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Mops21

Mops21 Level 22
    Trusted

Oct 25, 2014
    Hi all

BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.9.21

With best Regards
    Mops21

2. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Level 4

Jul 14, 2015
    Belgium (Europe)
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Hi,

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition update to 1.0.9.25

3. Mops21

Mops21 Level 22
    Trusted

Oct 25, 2014
    Hi,

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition update to 1.0.9.31

With best Regards
    Mops21

XhenEd and Pat MacKnife like this.
  4. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    One of the lightest AV's around, works on Windows 10 now.

Issues I have with the free BD: the GZSERV.exe is still not ASLR enabled and it is not easy to find the quarantined files (click log). Best remedy against false positives is to wait until it is fixed and cross fingers it is not a crucial file. Because of a fan-boy in my family and the fact that free version is now also available in Netherlands (free was not Available for France and Netherlands in the past) I have come across two FP''s.

To the benefit of BD those FP's were solved when I had the time to go the family members having a FP. My nephew had converted all family members from Avast free and Panda free (he graduated in IT this summer). I used the occasion to confess "I am getting old" and told my family members they should call my nephew next time "because those youngsters are more up to date with latest technology". :) thank you BD-free (y)

5. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Level 4

Jul 14, 2015
    Belgium (Europe)
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Did you take a look at their forum ? there are many problems right now with BD free, like audio streaming and some websites not loading (false positives)
    they have to switch off protection shield to load websites.... not recommended right now.

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

kuttan likes this.
  6. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    #106 Windows_Security, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    I agree that FP's can be a problem with BD free, but it is not my concern anymore. Now my nephew is the one who get's called. ;)

In the early days of PC's I imported parts of PC's (the small and expensive bits like processor and memory and VGA and sound cards) from the US (because I occasionally had to work in the US). First i did it for myself and asked a friend of mine (who is a computer technician) to put it together. Because it is so simple to assemble a PC, I did it myself and offered relatives to assemble a less expensive PC for them also. At that time PC's were really expensive and a assembled PC with cheaper parts from the US, saved them over a 1000-1500 guilders (compared to buying one in a shop). The down side was that I was called for software problems after wards.

In 2017 interface I can't find option to exclude anymore (like in 2016 version), so you just have to wait until BD fixes FP and hope your system does not get screwed

upload_2017-12-25_9-37-10.png

Pat MacKnife likes this.
  7. Jofi

Jofi New Member

Monday
    Finland
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    Looks like they have finally added back the ability to add file/folder exclusions from the settings. Previously I could only exclude URL's from the settings and flagged files from quarantine.

[​IMG]

kuttan, Pat MacKnife and harlan4096 like this.
  8. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Level 4

Jul 14, 2015
    Belgium (Europe)
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    harlan4096 and kuttan like this.