App Review Bitdefender Antivirus Free 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Bitdefender Free 2022 review!

Bitdefender is a well-known company in the world of computer security. It is based in Romania.
It used to publish a free version, but that has been discontinued.
However, the publisher is back today with a 2022 version!
It is light and very effective, doing the bare minimum.
On the other hand, it is quite limited, Bitdefender regularly encourages to switch to the paid version.
Very effective, Bitdefender Free will protect you very efficiently.

Watch my reviews on Odysee !

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 5/5 (all detected)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 9 files to 152. Bitdefender block a ransomware with BB shield !
Resistance to script attacks: Very good . Bitdefender has blocked all attacks (quarantine)

Result :
- Hitman Pro : 0
- NPE : 0
- ESET : 0

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : Yes, system clean

@Gandalf_The_Grey / @cryogent and @SecureKongo request

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
And you haven't seen anything yet my friend :D
I even made the Kaspersky video ;) (which will be uploaded on Tuesday)
VA72.gif

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I was not disappointed with BD free, I was expecting a result like this. I knew it, it was always very good. Didn't they say it was going to be discontinued?
They changed their mind:
One thing I don't like is that like Kaspersky they use a root certificate for scanning HTTPS traffic.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
One thing I don't like is that like Kaspersky they use a root certificate for scanning HTTPS traffic.
You're not going to like BD then am 95% sure they use the same method a root certificate to impersonate sites SSL for SSL scanning am sure I noticed doing it when I was using BD last year, oher antivirus dose the same trick like Eset.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You're not going to like BD then am 95% sure they use the same method a root certificate to impersonate sites SSL for SSL scanning am sure I noticed doing it when I was using BD last year, oher antivirus dose the same trick like Eset.
For example, F-Secure and Microsoft don't use a root certificate.
Currently using F-Secure Safe.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I use F-Secure too, I know they don't use root certificate for SSL scanning, I was just saying BD dose it too since you mentioned Kaspersky dose it.
Well actually he said they, meaning BitDefender:

Last edited:

Numeriku

Level 2
Verified
Mar 13, 2022
For example, F-Secure and Microsoft don't use a root certificate.
Currently using F-Secure Safe.

Yea using BD changes the cert and it causes issues with performance of some websites that i browse in, causes issues with quic (errors in console) & for some reason only uses http/1 for those image heavy sites causing massive slowdown when browsing around.

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Yea using BD changes the cert and it causes issues with performance of some websites that i browse in, causes issues with quic (errors in console) & for some reason only uses http/1 for those image heavy sites causing massive slowdown when browsing around.
Guessing nothing can be done?

Reactions: Kongo

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Well actually he said (they, meaning BitDefender):
I misread Gandalf_The_Grey reply saying "One thing I don't like is that like Kaspersky they use a root certificate for scanning HTTPS traffic." originally I thought he was saying only Kaspersky uses a root certificate.

Next time I will be more careful at reading replies before qouteing someone and drink more coffee.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.