Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Update for Bitdefender Free 1.0.21.225

Running this on a test system, first impressions is that webprotection seems to be better (only tested on amtso.org) and web browsing is fast.
If anyone can test also lets us know your impressions about webprotection (block malicious urls, because i don't test with real malware)

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I think right now is fairly nice, its has used more in the past

Attachments

• BD free Ram 2021.png
    BD free Ram 2021.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 478

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
It’s because they keep all signatures in memory. Unless you are limited on memory it doesn’t matter. Signatures in memory can be used faster by the AV. If you have limited RAM, then Bitdefender is not the best choice. Otherwise the ram is there to be used.
Don't think I am that "limited on ram" But the thing really scares me, but now I know thanks. .

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Basically RAM usages doesn't matter unless you have very little memory. Otherwise, if it's not impacting performance just forget the RAM being used.

Also, Bitdefender is one of those products that lower their RAM usage with time. Give it a few days and that will go down.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.